23:A Hunter in a Mechnical Spring City (2)

Chapter 23 - A Hunter in a Mechanical Spring City (2)

'Hmp, phew. I almost got cornered and caught as a suspicious person.'

Hans, carrying Ludger's suitcase, walked slowly through the dark alley while avoiding the eyes of the police who had suddenly come to the scene.

It was just that day that Hans had arrived there, but he didn't get lost because he had already memorized a map of Leathevelk city in his head.

'More than that, he went to catch a werewolf. When the hell is he coming back?'

As he thought so, something fell in front of Hans from the air.

-It was a giant wolf's head that rolled to his feet.

Heek!

Hans shrugged his shoulders and desperately held back the scream that was about to leak out of his lips.

"Surprised?"

Ludger walked slowly out of the darkness of the opposite alley.

-Shoes and leather trousers with a white dress shirt and a brown leather vest over it and a long dark coat on the outside and a hat on his head.

It seemed like Hans might have plopped down on the spot if he didn't know who he was due to the intense pressure that was being emitted by his appearance.

"Damn it! When you want to show up, say something before that! I almost dropped your suitcase!" Hans shouted with quivering lips.

"You didn't, so it's fine."

"Ah shit. Is this the werewolf? Well, I'm not looking down on your skills, but I wonder how you managed to catch this horrible guy in that situation."

Hans, who checked the head of a werewolf who had died with his tongue stuck out, shivered and handed Ludger the black suitcase.

Accepting the suitcase, Ludger turned his back and walked ahead.

Hans followed in Ludger's back.

"Can you leave the head just like that?"

"Yes, I don't need it anymore."

"Why did you bring it then?"

"To surprise you."

"...So you still remember me trying to tease you in the alley?"

When Ludger was silent, Hans sighed and raised his hands.

"I get it. I lost. I lost, so let's not do that again."

"Seeing you do it..."

The two people who left the alley came out to the street where there was human presence with pedestrians here and there.

"So what was the identity of the werewolf? Is it really Cryptid?"

"No. It was an artificial experiment made by someone."

"Experiment? They're crazy. I'll have to watch myself while I'm in this town. It means that the people who made that are here."

"I have something to tell you about that."

"Something to tell me? I'm suddenly very nervous. Can I not listen to it?"

"..."

"I... I get it! Tell me what it is."

"I should move up the work I originally planned."

"The work you originally planned? Don't tell me..."

"I think it's better here than in the capital."

Ludger threw two bags at Hans.

Hans took them and checked the contents. One was full of gold coins, and the other contained his beast neutralizer.