41:Reverberation of the Past (1)

Chapter 41 – Reverberation of the Past (1)

“O-oh? Professor Ludger? What on earth is thi…”

She had heard that those who did not have any property could not handle the element itself properly.

She had heard that people like her were so rare that no one taught them the method to use their ability.

So they had a book about non-property magic?

“Read it.”

“Yes, pardon?”

“If you read what’s there, you’ll at least see a path you haven’t known so far.”

Lynne still didn’t understand how things were turning out.

Why did he bring her to the professor’s office out of nowhere and give her a strange book?

“Is… is this for real?”

Lynne stared at the title, [Understanding Non-property Magic], with an incredulous look on her face.

As far as she knew, non-property magic was extremely rare and the method to use it had never been properly discovered.

When she looked closely at the cover, the book did not have any author’s name, nor even a stamp of where it was published.

‘Isn’t this fake?’

It was natural to have such doubts.

“It’s natural for you to doubt it.”

“Hm? Ah! N-no! It’s not like that…!”

Had it been revealed in her expression? Lynne hurriedly adjusted her cheeks and controlled her expression.

Fortunately, Ludger didn’t seem to have any intention of berating her.

“It’s okay for you to judge it after reading it first. It will be more helpful than not knowing anything.”

“There was no information related to non-property magic, even in the magic tower…”

“Did my source code spell exist in the magic tower?”

“…”

Lynne closed her lips to such an excellent retort.

‘So is this really real?’

“Wh-where did you get such a precious—”

“Fate brought that book into my hands.”

‘Fate brought this book into his hands, he said?’

Lynne’s head tilted slightly to the side at such a remark.

Was this something that could be ‘obtained by fate’?

Lynne was confused as she spoke to Ludger.

“…Uh, Does Professor Ludger know anything about non-property magic?”

Ludger, in Lynne’s observations, looked so natural in treating her that she had no choice but to think that he had actually encountered non-property magic by himself and gained some knowledge about it.

She had expected that if it was Ludger, who had created the source code spell, then he might know something that others didn’t know.

“A little bit.”

“Really?!”

“I met a person with non-property magic once before.”

“Oh my Gosh. I didn’t know there was another possessor of non-property magic besides myself. So where is that person now?”