47:Students' Duel (1)

Chapter 47 – Students’ Duel (1)

Chris Benimore, who received a letter in his private office, read the letter once and immediately burned it down.

“Yeah. As expected, I already knew it.”

The report had been sent by a Sören employee

The content of the report was news on Ludger Chelysie.

“He’s eagerly teaching that commoner kid? He’s desperate to win the bet even though he pretended not to be like that, I see.”

He muttered and laughed at Ludger’s desperate attempt, but Chris Benimore didn’t stay still, either.

He turned his head and looked at the boy who was standing nervously in front of him.

“Jevan Felio.”

“Yes!”

“I think you already know what I want to tell you.”

Jevan nodded his head with a determined look.

“Yes. I know it. I have to win this open duel against that arrogant commoner.”

“Just winning the duel is not enough. You should properly show the gap between aristocrats and commoners with overwhelming power.”

It was a rather hard request to the point that it felt burdensome, but Jevan Felio did not think he would fail.

When he heard that Aidan was being taught something by Ludger Chelysie, he was somewhat anxious, but he had Chris Benimore by his side.

“Take it.”

Chris threw a chemical bottle at Jevan.

“This, this is?” Jevan asked back with a bewildered face while looking at the blue liquid filled inside the bottle.

“It’s a mana boosting drug. Drink it before you enter the duel.”

“A-are you for real? But won’t I be disqualified if I drink this?”

“No. It’s alright. It’s the specialty of the Benimore clan to not leave a trace if you take the drug in advance, so you won’t get caught.”

“This…”

“If you drink it, it will boost your power instantly, but it lasts less than five minutes.”

“Five minutes, huh. It’s quite short, I see,”

“Yes. Of course, it’s short. That’s why you won’t even get caught in the preliminary examination. It doesn’t boost your existing mana, but it increases the limit of your mana output, so it’s closer to drawing out your mana. The trace of the drug will disappear immediately, leaving only its effect, so watch out for mana exhaustion after half an hour.”

Jevan gulped at Chris’s words.

In fact, it was more like a drug that allowed him to use the mana that he possessed all at once.

His pride did not allow him to drink such a drug to go against a mere commoner, but…

‘But if it’s for a definitive victory…’

Since Ludger was behind him anyway, he might have received something just like Jevan.

Because he was a dirty commoner…

He might commit a very serious foul play.

Jevan put the boosting drug in his pocket with a stiff face while thinking so.

Chris laughed at the sight.

“Well thought out. Now, shall we go?”

***