35:Nightcrawler

Chapter 35 – Nightcrawler

Ricksen’s mansion became filled with tension after Terina Lionhowl and her two lieutenants appeared.

The police inspecting the scene noticed Terina and saluted her as they quickly stood up.

“Ma-Marquise Terina! It’s an honor to meet you! My name is Inspector Teboran!”

“Oh, yes. You’ve worked hard.”

“May I ask, if you don’t mind, what brings you here, Marquise Terina?”

“Didn’t you hear the news? Starting from now, all investigation into the murder in the Ricksen mansion is under the control of our security department.”

“S-security department, you said?”

Inspector Teboran, who had a long mustache and whiskers, gulped down his saliva.

He also didn’t believe it was just a simple murder case, but if the security department came forward, it meant that the case was extremely dangerous.

The security department didn’t take action unless the case was really serious.

“Please… please excuse us! Everyone, withdraw!”

The Inspector and his subordinates fled the scene quickly.

All they had left to do was block the reporters who looked like hyenas, flocking in front of the gate while still watching the events inside the mansion.

As the staring eyes disappeared, the young-looking female Knight of the man and woman lieutenants following Terina relaxed her shoulders.

“Phew. I was having a hard time setting the mood.”

“Oho. Enya. You should still show the honorific behavior of the Nightcrawler Knight Order, even if there are no eyes watching us.”

The female Knight, Enya, scowled at her senior, Lloyd’s, nagging.

“Well, Senior. But still, we don’t have to act like that now.”

“Enya you…”

“Stop it, Lloyd. You only have to be like that in front of others.”

“See. Even the Captain said that.”

“This little junior is really…”

Deputy Lloyd eventually shook his head and raised a white flag.

The Nightcrawler Knight Order was a place where only elites gathered, just like the Knights who were guarding the center of the Empire were supposed to be, but it was also a place where they spoke comfortably among seniors and juniors.

It was all because Terina herself, the Knight Commander, liked such an atmosphere.

However, it did not mean that their regulations themselves were loose.

It had also been a long tradition of the Nightcrawler Knight Order to deal with what had to be done in a more surefire way than anyone else.

Most of all, the fact that the Nightcrawler Knight Order did not collapse was evidence that their current Captain, Terina Lionhowl, had great power of command and charisma.

“Don’t forget about our purpose for coming here.”

“Yes.”

“Yes.”

Rather than being an ordinary case, the incident was evaluated as such a serious matter that even the security department had to take part in the investigation.