42:Reverberation of the Past (2)

Chapter 42 – Reverberation of the Past (2)

After her face-to-face talk with Ludger, Lynne walked down the hallway with a dreamy look on her face.

She held the book of non-property magic that she had been given by Ludger in her arms.

Even though her consciousness seemed to be preoccupied with something, she instinctively felt that she had to treat the book preciously.

Lynne, who was walking down the hallway with quick steps, stopped when she heard a voice calling her.

“Lynne.”

“O-oh? E-Elendil?”

It was a soft and sweet voice that had called her.

She was a second-year student who took the same spell casting class as Lynne, and she was the third princess of the Empire who was certainly the best on the continent and was even famous in Sören.

Elendil looked at Lynne with a worried look.

“What brings you here…?”

“What do you mean? I was waiting for you because I was worried. You were summoned by Professor Ludger.”

“Pardon? Ah, ah! Yes. Right. Hehe.”

“Hmm?”

Elendil felt even more suspicious at Lynne’s strange reaction.

“Lynne… Did you experience any harassment from professor Ludger…?”

Elendil had not thought of Ludger’s behavior prior to that in the best way.

It must have been because his first impression was the worst to her.

During the first orientation, Ludger had shown his guts by not telling the students what he would teach in his class. Because of that, there were a lot of talks among the students in , so his attitude must have been really surprising for them.

In fact, it was Elendil who had asked that question to Ludger first in a slightly sharp tone.

For her who had the right values of righteousness, Ludger’s actions were simply unacceptable.

Afterwards, the teachings in his class were quite incredible, so she admired them, but that alone did not immediately erase her bad perception toward Ludger that was stuck in her mind at the beginning.

Rather, it was even more upsetting for her to see Ludger’s unexpected cold-hearted attitude toward her in the werewolf incident last time.

It was obvious for her to have bad thoughts when Ludger took Lynne to the professor’s office.

“It… it’s not like that!”

Lynne hurriedly defended Ludger.

“Professor Ludger just gave me some advice.…! Well, he didn’t touch me or anything like that! Professor Ludger is not such a pervert!”

“Whaat?”

It was Elendil who was rather embarrassed when Lynne said that.

Elendil blushed and spoke in a rather startled tone.

“I… I didn’t mean to say it like that. Lynne… You’re quite sly, I see.”

“P-pardon?”

“I was just talking about him telling you to change your class or forcing you to take another class and kicking you out of his. I… I can’t believe that it was an intercourse between a man and a woman that came to your mind…”