49:Anti Magic (1)

Chapter 49 – Anti Magic (1)

The duel was over.

“The winner, Aidan!”

Along with the judge’s yell, shouts erupted from the audience.

All of them were shouts of the commoner students who had come to cheer for Aidan.

“Aidan! You’re cool!”

“You are so dope!”

“You are awesome! When on earth did you learn that skill?”

Leo and Tessie’s joy was particularly significant.

On the contrary, the aristocratic students openly expressed their displeasure and then glared at Jevan, who was sprawled on the floor in defeat.

“Tsk. Jevan, that punk, has disgraced the honor of the aristocracy.”

“He was always a sucker. He was a mere baron, yet he was trying to sponge off us like he was something, and that became bothersome.”

“I can’t believe he lost against a commoner. He’s a disgrace to the aristocracy.”

Words that could be heard noisily were very sharp.

Jevan looked around with a blank face.

‘I… lost?”

He couldn’t believe that it was real

But when he tried to wake up from this dream, he didn’t wake up. Because it was not a dream, it was a reality.

The scornful gazes and the criticism that flew at him were all real.

On that stage, it was not him, but a petty commoner that he had been looking down on so much who was drunk with the joy of victory.

‘No. Something, something must be wrong here!’

There was no way he had lost.

‘Yes. There must have been some mistake. That dirty commoner must have used some kind of cowardly foul play.’

If that wasn’t the case, then there was no way that he could use magic while moving.

‘This damned commoner brat!’

Grit.

Jevan had erased the fact that he secretly drank a potion and doped because of it from his head.

If he knew that it was a shameful act in the first place, he wouldn’t have done that.

All he had left was endless hatred for the commoner who had insulted him in front of everyone and his will to murder the commoner.

‘I will kill you!’

Jevan began to wring out all of his mana.

When everyone was so focused on Aidan, who was within the spotlight as the winner, no one would notice Jevan’s behavior.

Anyone would think so.

Who would expect that a man who had lost a fight would suddenly get up and use a spell as a surprise attack?

Jevan squeezed out all of his mana and prepared a second-tier spell.

It would take about four seconds before the spell was casted.

It was quite a long duration if his opponent was focused on him and dealt with the spell, but four seconds was a very short duration when everyone was off guard.

“Oh?”

Aidan was the first to notice the oddity. Something was wrong with the spirit that Jevan radiated as he was bowing his head.