Broken

Grantaire was a broken man, he had been for much of his life. His father had been a drunkard and he had been abusive, Grantaire's only escape was his canvas and a bottle of wine. He was following the path of his father and Grantaire was sure he would turn out like his father, that was until he met his true saviour. His best friend. His saving grace. His soul mate. Enjolras.

It took Enjolras a while to warm up to Grantaire when Combeferre introduced the two, to each other. At first Enjolras just thought that Grantaire was a cynic who got drunk for no reason, until circumstances caused the pair to be stuck with each other for a whole day, after that the two became inseparable. Enjolras and Grantaire started off as unlikely friends and it just escalated from there.

On this particular day Grantaire started to have a panic attack, it wasn't uncommon for him. When it started he became frantic, he was short of breath. Luckily for Grantaire, Enjolras had just arrived home from work. The latter threw his things to the floor and rushed to Grantaire, knowing exactly what to do.

After he had calmed down, Grantaire spoke;

"I'm sorry."

Enjolras was confused.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I am broken man. I have a haunting past, I have anxiety, I drink." Grantaire said.

"Ah, my love, that is exactly why I love you. I do not care, I love you for who you are, 'Taire. I think you are the most gorgeous, talented, kind and wonderful man. I. Love. You, Grantaire. I always have and I always will." Enjolras said, staring at the man next to him.

"Thank you." Grantaire whispered.

Enjolras didn't reply and instead wrapped his arms around Grantaire, comforting him and making Grantaire feel safe. Enjolras kissed the other boy on the head. Grantaire smiled.

"I love you, Apollo."

"I know." Enjolras replied.