Sparks

It was Grantaire's seventeenth birthday, now this might not seem like a huge deal, but it is. The minute a person turns seventeen, a name starts to form in ink on their body, this is the name of their soulmate.

Grantaire had just woken up and already there was a knock on his bedroom door.

"Grantaire?" Asked his mother.

"Yeah?"

"Èponine and Courfeyrac are here to see you, so hurry up and get dressed." Said his mother.

"If I have to." He grumbled in reply.

Grantaire begrudgingly got out of bed and changed into some clothes, but not before he caught sight of the name now inked on his hipbone and he nearly fainted. His face turned white and he felt dizzy. Grantaire took some slow, deep breaths to regain his composure and then he proceed to walk down the stairs and he found Èponine and Courfeyrac at his kitchen table.

"Well thanks for letting us in, Ma'am, but we better be going now." Èponine said politely and she and Courfeyrac proceed to drag Grantaire out of his house before he could process what was going on.

"What's the name say?" Èponine asked in a deadly tone, not at all sounding the way she had when she left Grantaire's house.

Grantaire gulped nervously, the person hated him.

"Enjolras." He whispered and Courfeyrac broke out into a big grin.

"No. Way." He said.

"What?" Asked Èponine and Grantaire in unison.

"Sh!t. You guys are actually meant to be." Courfeyrac said.

"What?" Grantaire asked again.

"Enjolras' tattoo has your name. He's had it for like a year, because he's older than you. I thought.... wow okay, um." Courfeyrac said, it was no secret that he wanted Enjolras and Grantaire together and Èponine thought he might explode.

"Come on, the others are waiting." Èponine said and the trio walked another block to the Cafe Musian.

~*~

An hour after arriving at the cafe, Enjolras and Grantaire had some how ended up sitting next to each other and they both knew that their friends had purposely done this.

"So," Enjolras said as he sipped his drink, "what does the tattoo say?"

Grantaire knew this was coming, but he still did not want to answer. He took a deep breath before replying,

"You."

Enjolras smiled.

"Good."

"Good?" Grantaire asked.

"Yes, good."

Then Enjolras lent in and kissed Grantaire and there were sparks.