IN My MIND

(Willow POV)
(Edited by Scarlet)

🎶Quiet is the city air on a summer night after it rains🎶
🎶Faster than a bolt of lighting🎶
🎶The speed of  a Japanese bullet train🎶

     “Willow?”

🎶And you know, it’s always trying to stay awake🎶
🎶Oh but darling running ain’t enough to escape🎶
🎶From the monsters in my brain🎶

     “Willow! Willow Rose, are you wearing your headphones again?!” My Dad scolds playfully, but I only hear it as a faint sound. I take off my headphones.

     “Sorry, dad! Lyn Lapid just came out with a new song!" I explain.

     “Well, that’s great sweetheart, but you’re going to be late for school!” Dad sounds exhausted. “So come down here and eat breakfast!”

     “I’m coming!” I laugh to myself.

     We have a large house, with a perfectly functioning staircase, but the railing is just better. I slide down the railing and stick the landing. My dad comes out of the kitchen clapping, with a grin on his face that made my day.

     “Oh, magnificent, darling, absolutely stunning!” He says in a fake British accent.
     “Why, thank you, good sir." I say, taking a bow.
      As we walk into the kitchen to eat breakfast, I silently pray to myself. Please tell me he remembered the herbs. Please tell me he remembered the herbs. Please tell me he rememb–

     “Daaaaaad, I told you to use my herbs for the eggs! They will make them so much more bearable!" I say to him in a pretend exasperated tone.

     “I just wanted to show you that I can make breakfast without the help of a 15-year-old!” He exclaims.

     We sit down and eat the bland eggs until I hear the bus arrive.
     Oh shoot!

     “Love you, dad!” I call down the hallway as I tear down the hallway with my backpack hastily thrown onto my back, lunch in hand.

     “Love you! Stay safe!”

Despite being about to miss the bus, I laugh. My school is anything but safe.