Flying

(Willow's POV)
(Edited by Scarlet)

🎶Where did my wings go🎶
🎶I could have sworn I could fly🎶
🎶Straight up into the sky🎶

     The bus for Amara’s School for Troubled Girls pulls up to the sidewalk.

🎶Boy I should have known🎶
🎶It was all just a lie🎶
🎶No one on earth can fly🎶

      “Name?” The bus driver asks in a rough, scratchy voice as I enter the bus. They give us a different driver every day, and none of them are very good.

     “Willow Rose.” I say bluntly, pulling my headphones off my head to rest them on my neck, knowing the conversation that was about to unfold.

     “I only need your first and last names, not your middle.” Yup, there it is. I sigh internally.

     “My first name is Willow and my last name is Rose."

     The bus driver just grunts and gestures for me to get in. I climb inside the gray vehicle and looked down the aisle. You have to choose where you sit very carefully.
     I go straight for the back.
     The old bus bumps along the road to my disaster of a school. To be honest, i'm not even sure that most of our school rules are legal.

     But alas, there's nothing I can do about it, because I am in fact just a fifteen-year-old.
     I push my headphones back up to cover my ears and continue listening to my music.

     After a relatively long ride (during which the driver hit many curbs), the bus comes to a stop at the foot of a winding path that the other girls and I had to walk twice a day, five times a week in order to get to our school.
     Don't get me wrong, it's not exactly a long path, it's just different from other schools I've been to.

     That’s when I saw her.
     Standing there in all of her awful glory, Principal Amara.

     She would walk through the halls of the school during passing periods, looking for a chance to put someone in detention. She hands out detentions like it's candy, anything from vandalism to your shirt not being tucked into your skirt.
      By the way, the uniform is a blue skirt, a white dress shirt, a tie that was the same color as the skirt, and your hair had to be in braids. Super sexist. Lost in thought, I didn’t see the queen herself walking towards us.
     No.
     Walking towards me.