Pictures of Mountains

I walked to the sword arena to see Evelyn, Mason, and this super hot guy. Mason and the other dude were charging toward each other while Evelyn Frantically tried to stop them.

“What’s going on?!?” I yelled as I ran to the arena.

“I don’t know!” She shouted “but I do know that Mason isn’t going to make it out of there unharmed, help me!”

I nodded and put my hand on the ground. I concentrated and vines started to grow up and around her waist.

“Don’t panic!” I shouted. The vines lifted her up off the ground and above the boys. Mason was on the ground with a nasty wound on his calf and blood streaming down the right side of his face, while Karter smiled and effortlessly disarmed him. Evelyn dropped down right in between them.

“Really? Both of yall are complete idiots, getting into fights over nothing” Evelyn shakes her head.

Karters smile faded and he backed away as Mason groaned.

“Can you take him to the Big House, Willow?” She asked.

“Yeah, I’ll see you later.” I walked over and put Mason’s arm over my shoulder.

The last thing I heard was,

“Did you really have to mess him up like that Karter?”

“He was being an idiot, what was I supposed to do?”

“We’re only fifteen! Of course he was being an idiot, but you didn’t have to hurt him like that!”

The Big House came into view and I helped Mason up the steps. An Apollo kid came rushing down the stairs and took his other arm, and we brought him to the infirmary and laid him down on a cot. 

“What happened?” The girl that helped us asked

“I got there halfway between the fight. Apparently he picked a fight with a guy named Karter in the sword arena.”

She sighed “You’d be surprised how often that happens, I figure some stitches and ambrosia should do the trick.”

“Thank you, from what I know he’s not the brightest when it comes to common sense.” She smiled and walked away.

I sat down next to Mason.

“I didn’t know that you were that stupid.”

He muttered something like, “don’t tell Evelyn.” 

“She was there, moron. You’re going to be fine other than a loss of a few brain cells, which I don’t think you can take." He just laughed.

“Did she tell you that I’m a jerk?”

“It was mentioned.”

“Yeah. You know when people say that boys say that they tease the girls they like?”

“Yeah.”

“I guess it’s true.” 

“Well Mason, that would be cute, but it’s not an excuse for being so mean all that time.”

He sighed, “I didn’t even know that I liked her until we got to camp, I think it was when I realized that she saved herself from the weird zombie monster thing.”

“Wait,” I said “zombie monster thing? I almost got taken by one of the chicken things!”

“Harpies.”

“Whatever.”

“Yes,” the voice came from the stairs, “I believe that no one has told you about how you got here have they?” It was Chiron. 

“No,” I said “I guess that we were just so caught up in learning more about the camp.”

“Both of your schools had been taken over by monsters. Willow, your school, hundreds of years ago, was originally a training camp for demigods, but was infiltrated by a creature of Tartarus. That’s why you had the drills.” He turned towards Mason, “Mason, a demon had worked its way into you and Evelyn’s school, and from there it proceeded to take demigods to Gods know where.”

We both had to take a second to process this. He left a little after and soon enough dinner came. We were lining up and eating. I don’t remember much from the campfire, or from bed. All I do remember were the terrible dreams from that night. In the dream I was running through a forest trying to find the people calling for help. I didn’t know who most of them were, but I was determined to find them. It wasn’t until I heard one voice that I really needed to get to. It was a little girl, she sounded about eight or nine and there was something about her voice that pushed my legs to run, forced my lungs to breathe , and my heart to beat. I ran and ran until I found her, she was tied to a wooden pole on a platform above a pool of lava. She saw me and tears welled in her eyes

“You found me.” She said, and I shot up in my bed.