Maybe. Probably.

I had ridden pegasi before, but last time I wasn’t seven hundred feet in the air. I wasn’t scared or anything but I was worried about Mason. He was grasping the sides of his pegasus Lady, occasionally grabbing the horse’s wings causing her to flutter in the air with him and Evelyn on her back. My pegasus was named Axel and he was amazing. I don’t know how to explain it, but he seemed to understand where I wanted to go before I told him. We flew for about an hour and a half before the Cairo skyline came into view.
“Let’s land outside the city so that we don’t freak out the mortals.” I shouted towards the others.
“Good idea.” Evelyn replied.
We touched down a few miles on the outskirts of the city and left the pegasi to graze in a field. Mason groaned as he climbed off the horse.
“Do we really have to walk all that way?”
“Unless you would rather ride the pegasi and cause mass chaos for the mortals.”
He just stared at me and rolled his eyes.
As we started towards the city I only just began to see its full beauty. It was a perfect mixture of new infrastructure and old architecture. We arrived just as the sun was starting to set, so there was a gorgeous golden glow reflecting off the water. Once we got to the boardwalk Evelyn left to grab us some snacks from a 24 hour convenience store. I put my elbows on the railing and Mason did the same.
“I see why you wanted to visit the city so badly.” I told Mason. He didn’t appear to be paying attention.
“The water… It's so beautiful.” He said, “You know, my mother was born here.”
“No,” I said with a soft smile, “I didn’t know that.”
We sat there for a little bit while we waited for Evelyn and I thought, maybe Mason isn’t so bad. Maybe. Probably.