Wish you were here

(Trigger warning. This chapter mentions su!c!d3 and slightly mentions r//p3)

"You're right, we should get to bed, big day of training tomorrow. Night." Willow spoke softly.

"Night" I said as I turned around to walk back to the cabin. Back at the pavilion I had sneaked away from everyone to go eavesdrop on Chiron and Nico. Not that I had expected the conversation to be interesting, it just felt right. I had learned that this person named Rachel was very important to the cause. And maybe something about the doors of death opening again and the spirits going crazy? I probably should have told Willow about the door of death. What even is that? I have all these questions running through my head. Whatever, I need to go to sleep. I sheepishly walk back to my cabin. Eyeing all the younger kids who were still running around everywhere, no giving a sh*t about the newly found prophecy. I envy them for that. As I walk up to my cabin to see an inverted torch....again. The weird thing is that the outside of the cabin had small vine flowers. Various to black, pink, purple and blue. I realize they're Morning Glories. I stagger back a little. They're Angie's favorite flowers. I open the door to my cabin seeing that the cabin also has the same variety of Morning Glories all throughout the inside of the cabin. I take the top bunk and drifted away. It takes me back to when I was little and mom usually had company over. Angie used to grab my hand and walk me to a park or a restaurant. But one day she took me to a cemetery. I think I was about five at the time. We were eating Ice cream and we walked about the cemetery. Till we came across a grave that read-

Angelica Thompson

4/8/1990 - 12/1/2007

Angie had told me that she had died the day I was born. At the time I didn't really understand what she meant. But I had the feeling she was talking about herself. When I think back on it. I see that she had died relatively young. I remembered that I told her that I wish she was my mother. She gave me a horror look and told me to never say that again, and she also said that she was already a mother. That she was forcefully bore a child. She didn't say who was the father, but I patted her head telling her it was going to be okay. She smiled telling me that I deserved better. We got up and out of the cemetery. I looked back one more time to see that the grave we were looking at had Morning Glories on it. She caught me looking back and saying the those where her favorite flowers. I titled my head telling her that those were now my favorite flowers too. We continued walking back home when she told me to not kill Mason.

I wake in shivers. What did Angie mean?

I lazily get up laughing to myself. Why me? I keep thinking. Why can't I just be happy?

It's fate I guess.

Would it just be easier if I killed myself?

I shake my head. I can't have those thoughts. I finally bring myself to get up and at least pack a few things. Oh wait. I don't have anything packed. You know since I got kidnapped then brought here to Camp Half-Blood. I sat there in silence for a few moments. Then I decided to go snooping around the cabin. I climb down the ladder and immediately open two drawers that are beneath the first bunk. I find a black Imagine Dragon sweatshirt and blue jeans.

"Huh" I say out loud. I place the sweatshirt and Jean next to me. Only to see an oversize black Attack on Titan T-shirt and blue Jean shorts. Okay, I approve whoever placed these clothes down. I quickly changed into the Imagine Dragon hoodie and Blue Jeans. I covenantly find a backpack too in the other drawer. Thanks dad???? I put the other clothes in my backpack. I suddenly hear a knock on the door.

"Come in" I say. I look over as the door slowly opens. It's Willow.

"Hey," she said, "so um, Mason just got claimed by Nike and he wants to come with us."

"Really?" I said, "Well that's surprising," I can feel my eye twitching. He bullied me all this time. And for what? He can't expect me to forgive him that easily.

"Yeah, honestly Evelyn, I think he really likes you. The way he talked about you while we were sitting in the infirmary..." she trailed off, "I'm just saying, try giving him a chance."

"I guess", shaking my head. Like hell I would. I force myself to get up. Just be strong, I tell myself.

All of this wouldn't have happened if you had just hung yourself in the first place.

I feel the color draining from my face. My memories run back to school. Where Mason's friend attempted to kill me.

"Are you ok? You just got really pale."

"No, I'm fine" I shake my head again. I grabbed my bag and started walking to the door of the cabin.

"Chiron said to meet him in the big house for a meeting if you're up for it."

"Huh, so no training. Well I kinda expect that." I said giggling to myself. I need more happy moments, "Well Alright let's go" I said with a smile.