Best Year Yet

(Willow POV)

🎶This will be the best year yet🎶Breath a little deeper honey take my hand🎶

School sucks.

🎶This will be the best year yet🎶 And all that we've been dreaming of is up ahead🎶

I tried to duck out of the way and blend in with the other students, which was easy, but we all have a small number printed on the back of our shirts so she caught up quick.

🎶Another year gone and we're staying up till midnight🎶Throwing off the past while we're waiting on the sunlight🎶

She caught the back of my necktie and ripped out my headphones

🎶When the stars start to tur-

"You didn't come to see me in my office yesterday when I summoned you,"

"I didn't know what you called for me miss" I said through clenched teeth. I was losing a fight with my brain to snap back at her.

"Plus, I don't think that you can just 'summon' me out of an important class!"

"Oh," she straightened my tie, "so you did know that I asked for you."

"Whatever." I mumbled.

"You will be coming with me young lady, and if you lie to me again there will be much worse punishment."

We started for the school when I noticed something strange. There was a woman with bright green eyes and long, dirty blond hair. We made eye contact and she smiled and waved. The weird thing was that I had never seen this woman before in my life, but she seemed so familiar.

"Ms. Rose, we have no time to stare off into the distance. Now come along."

I looked at Ms. Amara and then back at the woman but she wasn't there. I rubbed my eyes and headed into the building. The school for "troubled" girls was like a prison. The walls were painted grey and the windows were tinted so that they were practically mirrors. We walked to the top floor and into her room. The walls and everything else in the room was the same color as the rest of the school, but it felt so much darker. It looked the same, it was just as if it were telling you to stay out.

"Do you know why I have you here today?"

"No ma'am."

"Good."

And the last thing I saw was her smug face. No. It was transforming. She now had large feathered wings and a beak-ish mouth. That was when my consciousness slipped away.