Chapter 204 - Moving Clouds

Chapter Cover: A portrait of the Mable family with a young Elizabeth on her mother's lap as Samara was upon her father's.

The next day…

The sun was shining quite brightly this morning as I made my way through the hallway of the Mable mansion. Everyone else was already awake by the time I've gotten out of bed and it was Erza who shook me awake the next morning and I had blearily glanced around for a few moments realizing that the room had been empty of the people that were there the previous night.

I let out another yawn as I walked with the said redhead beside me, as she gave me a sideway glance.

"It's not like you to sleep in," she said.

"I just had a late night," I answered her, "Couldn't really sleep."

"Yeah, you were tossing and turning a lot from what I can remember," Erza said placing a hand upon her chin as she was thinking about the previous night.

"You were awake when I left the bed?" I asked her.

Erza shook her head, "No…all I remember were you moving a lot. I was pretty exhausted after the battle we had against James so I slept like a log."

"I wish I could have slept that well," I told her, "I still feel sore from the previous night...where are the others?"

"Having breakfast," Erza answered, "I just came up to wake you up when Lucy told me that you still didn't come down yet. We're going to leave later today so it might be well to leave with a full stomach."

I frowned.

"Who cooked?"

Erza smiled.

"Lucy and Wendy," she said, "These two are quite good chefs. It seems that even Elizabeth was impressed with their culinary arts."

I smiled lightly before the memories of last night came back to mind. I didn't want to worry Erza with those problems so early in the morning, so I'll wait when we were back in our room in Fairy Hills so that we could speak privately about it after all, as far as I know, she was the only one who knew what was really going on with me and the Demon thing.

We arrived into the dining room were the rest of the guys were already seating there and eating the food that was placed upon the table in front of them. Gray and Natsu were already shoveling foods into their mouths as they ate while Wendy, Lucy and Elizabeth were eating with more elegance. The later look up toward our entrance.

"Hey Eve, morning," Wendy called out.

"Hey guys," I smiled, "Sorry I'm late…"

"Yeah, we couldn't get you out of bed earlier," Lucy answered, "So Erza managed to do it."

I grinned, "What I can say? She just has that effect on me, right Erza?"

The redhead only had a light blush upon her cheeks before turning away from me as we took our seat upon the table. Elizabeth actually giggled at that though; Wendy looked a little confused probably not understanding what had just happen while Lucy looked like she understood it but was still confused…but Natsu and Gray didn't seem to have heard anything as they were focused upon the food in front of them.

"So…you're returning to Fairy Tail then?" Elizabeth asked.

"The Job you've hired me to do is completed," I answered.

Elizabeth had a slight melancholic look upon her face.

"I'm going to miss having you guys around," she said.