Chapter 5- Sunday Dinner

June 4, 2023

June 4, 2023

"Blue or yellow," I ask as I hold up two sundresses.

"Blue," James answers instantly. "It matches your eyes," he winks as he grabs my hand and twirls me around our room. I laugh as I kiss his lips.

"The flight is at 6 so that leaves us just enough time to go to dinner, eat, and head to the airport."

"Sounds like a plan," James agrees as he heads downstairs. I slip on the dress and follow him. We put our shoes on together, smiling when we catch the others eye.

After I straighten up James grabs my hand and leads me to the car. Before I can grab the aux he plugs it into his own phone and starts the music. Afterglow by Taylor Swift drifts through the radio making me smile over at James and relax into my seat, taking his hand and resting it on the console with mine.

"Are you sure you want to move here?"

I look over at James, wondering where this question came from. "Of course. I've never been so sure of anything," I respond truthfully, squeezing his hand. "Why?"

"I don't know. I guess everything feels too good to be true." My frown turns into a genuine smile.

"James," he glances over to me. "I promise to you. This is all I want in life. This town, this life, the people here. You." He nods his head, refocusing on the road.

        "There's the happy couple," Lucas greets with a hug when we make it into the house

"Lucas," I smile and hug him back, before he moves onto James. "I have to ask Darby a question," I tell the guys.

"Alright. Let us know when dinner is done," James kisses my cheek, sending me on my way.

"Darby, I have a question for you," I say when I enter the kitchen, breathing in the mouth watering smells of dinner.