Chapter 24- The Dress

June 29, 2023

June 29, 2023

"Hop in bitch," Lola opens up the passenger side door.

"Hey, Lols," I laugh.

"Ready for a wedding dress fitting?"

"Of course," I grin at her. Darby and my mom are meeting us at the bridal shop an hour outside of town in a neighboring city. "The last one before the big day," I sigh wistfully. "Is Sierra with Seth?" I ask, noting the disappearance of the mini terror I know as Sia.

"Yup! Swimming lessons," she smiles.

"Ugh! She's getting so big," I squeal happily.

"Everyday," Lola agrees. I hook my phone up to Bluetooth and turn on music. Lizzo to be exact. "Let's get this show on the road," she laughs, pulling out of the driveway and beginning our long drive.

 "Let's get this show on the road," she laughs, pulling out of the driveway and beginning our long drive

"They beat us " I point out Darby's car already parked on the street.

"Dammit," Lola curses. "We shouldn't have stopped for snacky snacks."

I hate to admit it but I'd have to agree. "I don't regret it though. It was a bomb ass slushee," I stuck out my blue tongue showing the evidence.

"And don't forget the milk duds," Lola reminds me.

"The most delicious candy," I nod. "Really completed our car ride."

"Definitely," Lola laughs, putting the car in park and hopping out. "Now let's go make sure this bitch fits for the last time."

I hope out of the car and across the street to the front door, chuckling the whole time with Lola. The bell rings as soon as we open the door, notifying everyone inside that we have arrived.