♛Chapter 4: Fitting In♛

Donghyuck wandered into the bathroom, hoping the person he was looking for was there and to his luck, Chenle was there making it a perfect time to speak.

"Hi! It's Chenle, right? Always loved that name. Chenle..." Donghyuck snarled noticing how the younger jumped at the call of his name.

Chenle made sure not to keep eye contact with Donghyuck as the boy corners him. In his head, he was secretly planning ways to escape the situation he was in. It was what he needed to get out of the moment.

"That's cool-"

"Don't go!" Donghyuck reached out using his hand to stop the boy from going anywhere.

He could already tell from the boy's face and the way that his eyes kept wandering around, he was trying to leave. The elder looked at Chenle, pitifully building up the emotions for the scene to play.

This is the reason why if Donghyuck could win an Oscar at that moment for best actor, he should. Making himself look innocent, he hunched his shoulders while fumbling with his fingers and made his eyes dart all over the place as his breathing started to hitch.

"I guess... I was just kind of hoping, to make a friend... You probably have all the friends you need though, huh?" Donghyuck guilt-tripped.

The number of pitty points that could have been given to Donghyuck at that moment, would be infinite as Chenle fell for his act.

"Hardly..." Chenle sighed.

"I mean, with your mom being Fairy Godmother and headmaster? I mean, not to mention your own... personality!" Donghyuck persuaded making Chenle smile a little before the younger looked a little pathetic.

"I'd rather be pretty. You've got great hair!" Chenle blurted out nodding his head in amazement that he said that out loud.

Chenle loved Donghyuck's purple and stylish hair and was the most obsessed with his bangs which were always evenly parted. His hair was just black and a mushroom cut, just like his mother always told him to keep it. You could say it was what every Asian in the 90s would cut for a baby when they were 5.

"I have just the thing for that!" Donghyuck said, taking his magic book, and clapping at the sight of it excited to use the book again.

"Beware, forswear, replace the old with brand new hair!"

Chenle squealed as he followed some weird movements that Donghyuck did with his hands before he saw himself in the mirror. His head was so much lighter than before, it was coloured a light brown and it looked more... badass.

"Wow! You almost don't notice your other features anymore!" Donghyuck complemented making Chenle smile widely.

"Do my nose!" Chenle desperately begged.

His hair was already gorgeous but he did not look anywhere near the words 'prince-like' but it was what he always wanted. He was an ugly duckling and was nowhere near the definition of handsome.

"Oh, I can't. I've been practising but you know I can't do really big magic." Donghyuck excused himself looking at his feet innocently.

His head soon shot up though when a thought came into his head making Chenle hopeful to look more beautiful.

"Not like your mom with his wand! I mean one swoosh from that thing and you could probably have whatever features you wanted!" Donghyuck exclaimed not as if that was what he was thinking to do the whole time.

Chenle's eyes widened. Of course his mother's wand! Why didn't he think of that in the first place? But then it hit him and his smile instantly vanished.