♛Chapter 28: The Best Present Of All Time♛

"Oh no..." Donghyuck worried.

His back started to hunch and his hair became straight and thin, little did he know it was also greying. His clothes were changing into black robes and he felt his face start to get a few warts as his nose became crooked. His teeth felt like it was missing and his fingers were unusually bent. 

"You think Mark will love you now, you old hag? You'll pay the price of what you did and so will all of Auradon! So long suckers!"

The laugh of Renjun was the last thing Donghyuck heard before lighting stuck where Renjun stood and the pink fog surrounding him vapourised into thin air.

Jeno, Jisung, Jungwoo, Shotaro and Sungchan rushed onto the scene where the loud commotion was being made. Gasping at the sight of the old crone the 5 took a step back 

"Whoa! You might want to think of a spell for that!" Jeno nervously pointed out not expecting Donghyuck's new form.

"There's no spell that can reverse the curse of the sceptre..." Donghyuck trailed off.

"Well that's a shame..." Jisung gulped knowing they were now going to be very late to Chenle's birthday party because of the matter.

Concerned, the five knew they would have to do something to help Donghyuck get back to his normal self. If normal magic can't overpower the sceptre then there must be something that can, right?

"Forget about me. Renjun's out for revenge. And all of Auradon is in danger!" Donghyuck slurred, his voice not very clear due to the form he was in.

Jeno wasn't happy with that. He was worried more than anything. Could there be a way for them to defeat Renjun without hurting him? 

The truth is that Jeno knew Renjun was envious of  Donghyuck but he assumed since he and Jaemin were with him for a long time he would be able to grow out of the hate. But clearly, they were wrong.

Everyone noticed this and instantly knew that the plan that was to be made must be effective, efficient and most importantly safe. 

"What should we do?" Jungwoo asked knowing there must be a way to stop Renjun.

Donghyuck thought for a moment before knowing that the path that would be taken would be effective and efficient but he knew it won't be that safe.

"The only thing more powerful than the sceptre... is Hades' ember..." Donghyuck gulped.

He knew the others weren't going to be happy with that, especially since a few days before Hades personally attacked Donghyuck and was the main reason why most of the people of Auradon were in anarchy.

"Oh! Like he's just going to hand it over, give them back to the Isle!" Jeno exclaimed knowing it might be impossible to help Auradon now.

"And no one knows where his lair is..." Jungwoo added.

Little did he notice Shotaro and Sungchan laughing at Donghyuck before stopping and realising what needed to be done. It seemed to be something that they would be used to doing when Sungchan was off duty and was allowed to hang out with Shotaro while he was still on duty for his dad.

"We know where his lair is!" Sungchan excitedly said knowing this would also be a great opportunity to go back to the Isle. 

"I'm his errand rat. I've got the key at my dad's!" Shotaro added.

He knew that he would be able to see his dad because of this which made him feel over the moon. In all honesty, Shotaro was the most homesick out of the two and missed his father's company because although he was one for the voodoo magic, he was an amazing person at heart.