🕸Chapter 22: Back Home🕸

"Mark! There you are. Cotillion's tonight. Come here. Look. Here is the stained-glass window for Donghyuck. Isn't it beautiful? He's gonna love it!" Chenle screamed in excitement as soon as they arrived back on the Isle.

But the vibe quickly dropped when Mark walked away from the younger and to Donghyuck who looked seriously homesick already.

"Do you want to cancel?" Mark whispered to Donghyuck making the younger shiver at the question.

"You know what? I can come back, but like really, really soon." Chenle worriedly said planning to leave.

"No, no, no! Now, is fine. Um... Do whatever you need to do." Mark reassuringly said to Donghyuck after interrupting Chenle to stay.

Before Donghyuck could say anything, he was quickly pulled over to one side by Jungwoo who had to stop the guy from turning down Mark's proposal.

"We need to talk," Jungwoo stated pulling Donghyuck aside but was quickly stopped by someone speaking.

"No!" Jisung said shocking Jungwoo that the boy wouldn't give them peace and time to talk together.

"No?" Jungwoo asked not understanding how Jisung didn't notice he was trying to get Donghyuck out of the problematic situation.

"You guys are always going off in a huddle whispering your 'bff-talk' stuff or whatever, and Jeno and I are tired of it." Jisung gulped.

It was the first time Jisung was actually able to speak his mind after many years of putting up with the group having a little imaginary split. His moment of realisation was quickly stopped though by Jeno who had to straight up tell the boy his situation.

"I'm not." Jeno shrugged making Jisung pissed about what the point was. 

He looked at him with disappointment before looking back at the boys who smiled at his request, open to let him on the details.

"We're your family too. We've been through a lot. Together! I'm not stopping that now. Okay? Everyone sit." Jisung instructed sitting on the ground waiting for the others to follow.

He looked at the others who could only listen to the younger sitting on the ground with him. It was only when they sat down Jisung gulped not knowing too well what to do or to start with.

"I... don't know how to start this..." Jisung nervously confessed sighing a little knowing he just annoyed the others when he should be the one to start.

"What's up?" Jeno asked making Jisung shocked he actually cared about the talking but made the others chuckle on trying to break the ice.

"Um... Well... I'm a mess. I'm such a mess. I mean, six months ago, I was, you know, stealing candy from babies. And now, everybody wants me to be this Lord of the Court, and I have no idea how to keep up the act!" Donghyuck expressed on the verge of tears at the thought of the stress.

"Then don't?" Jisung shrugged making Jeno sigh.

"See this was dumb," Jeno said as he got up from where he sat. 

It was uncomfortable to sit on the ground and his legs were losing blood circulation plus he had training to prepare for and a pep talk to be made with the coach and a special someone.

"Maybe it wasn't. We're always gonna be the kids from the Isle. I tried to forget it, I really tried, but those are our roots. And we all did what we had to do to survive, but it made us who we are. And we're never gonna be like anybody else here. And that's okay. That's okay!" Jungwoo reminded the boys optimistically watching as Jeno sat back down.

"And we can't fake it," Jisung added as Jungwoo replied with a slightly shaking head.

"Yeah, I mean, especially without my spellbook..." Donghyuck trailed off knowing how it was the magic's fault that Mark didn't trust him anymore.