♛Chapter 10: It Wasn't Meant To End Up Like This♛

The VKs all stood around a table with a picture of the Magic Wand in the middle and a map of the place where the coronation would be happening. The big mission was coming up so everything had to be perfect. One wrong move and they won't be able to see the daylights of Auradon again nor will any VK's stuck on the Isle.

"Okay, we all know what this looks like. So we'll be up on the dais under the Beast's spell jar, and we will be coming in from here. I will be at the very front. You all will be up on the balcony. Jisung?" Donghyuck asked hoping the younger knew what to do.

"Okay so, I'll find our limo, so we can break the barrier and get back on the island with the wand," Jisung clarified making Donghyuck glad that he was listening.

"Perfect. Jungwoo, You will use this to take out the driver. Two sprays and he'll be out like a light!" Donghyuck smiled as he got something out of his pocket. 

The elder watched as Donghyuck pulled a perfume atomiser bottle out with blue liquid in it. Donghyuck grinned at his attempt to make Jungwoo look less glum as he knew Jungwoo would have fun using it but that was a failure as it was clear everyone was not in the best of moods.

Slightly disappointed, Donghyuck dismissed everyone before sitting back on the table and memorising the ingredients he needed for a spell that was in the spell book. Jungwoo looked at what the spell was, gasping at the sight.

"Donghyuck? You want to break Mark's love spell?" Jungwoo asked disillusioned by the boy's decision knowing very well it was not the best thing for Donghyuck to do because for once, in the many years of knowing Donghyuck, he was finally happy with something more or less someone. 

Mark. 

Jungwoo couldn't have been glad enough to be his friend during those moments but to know that all of that will now be gone, only made Jungwoo sadder. Donghyuck will no longer be the shining sun he was for those weeks.

"Yeah! You know for after... I've just been thinking, you know when the villains finally do invade Auradon and begin to loot and kick everyone out of their castles, imprison their leaders and destroy all that is good and beautiful... Mark still being in love with me just seems a little extra... cruel, plus it's not as if we actually love each other." 

Jungwoo looked at Donghyuck with worry. The two were an amazing couple, probably the best he had ever seen, to see it fall apart was something even Jeno and Jisung would also agree wasn't worth the terrorising.

"Hyuck!" Jungwoo called out as the other closed the spell book and left to make the antidote ignoring Jungwoo's attempts to change his mind as it was his destiny to do so.

That night nobody was able to sleep. Jeno was planning to ditch the mission. He just got into tourney and couldn't stop thinking about the golden trophy he got, the same match Donghyuck was asked out on.

It was also hard to forget Renjun's cheerleading and being on the same team as Jaemin. The two had been really hard to befriend but it was obvious the two would get flustered around him. Probably because he is a big and bad, scary villain. 

Jisung couldn't bear the thought of losing his best pal. His fear of dogs now felt like a distant memory. Daegal was the one who showed him that. To know he wouldn't be cuddling up with the dog the next day made him feel only more empty on the inside.

Jungwoo looked at the paper that was next to his bed. It was the chemistry test he did where he got his first B+ and it was all because Lucas gave him that second chance to still go to the school. It was also Lucas that made him realise he didn't have to be dumb to get guys' attention. The test paper and every A* he then got will always remind him of the kindness shown by Lucas.