♛Chapter 12: Mother Doesn't Know Best ♛

"CHILD WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Kun shouted trying his best to stop the kid who held onto the wand tightly managing to get it off the fairy godmother.

"If you can't make me beautiful, I'll do it myself! Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo!" Chenle warned as he tried to cast a spell to make himself beautiful, but could not control the wand's power.

The spell went out of control, sparks shooting out of the wand as Chenle couldn't control the power. Quickly the crisis was stopped as Donghyuck ran over tackling Chenle to the floor and getting control of the wand which was now in both of their hands.

"Be careful Donghyuck!" Taeyong yelled out before Donghyuck finally pulled the wand out of Chenle's hand.

Donghyuck watched as Chenle looked scared and ran off since a villain kid now had the wand in their grasp. With the sight of Donghyuck and the wand, Jungwoo, Jeno and Jisung took the opportunity to come down from the balcony and join Donghyuck.

"Donghyuck, give me the wand!" Mark said reassuringly seeing the uncertainty in Donghyuck's eyes about giving the wand or not.

"Stand back!" Donghyuck warned as the three other boys stood next to the boy who was currently struggling to choose between good and evil.

"It's okay-"

"Mark, I said stand back!" Donghyuck yelled, shoving the wand towards Mark threateningly causing everyone in the room to gasp, taking giant steps back.

"I told you so!" Renjun shot out only to scream as Donghyuck pointed the wand at him next.

Donghyuck felt a slight tap on his shoulder as he saw the look on Jeno and Jisung's faces telling him it was time to go. This was their shot to impress their parents and they can't blow it. Not like this.

"You want to do this?" Mark asked not wanting to give up on the goodness he saw in Donghyuck.

"We have no choice, Mark! Our parents-"

"Your parents made their choice! Now you make yours..." Mark voiced as he interrupted Donghyuck. 

Mark took his guard down to show Donghyuck he wasn't going to attack him. He was harmless and Donghyuck knew that, but Donghyuck couldn't get rid of the wand no matter how painful it was for his heart to tell him it was wrong to give it to his mother. 

Looking around, Donghyuck saw the many faces of worried civilians, Taeyong and Jaehyun who only looked curious to see his decision, Kun who was the main supporter of the VKs turning good - desperate for the wand to be given to him and lastly Mark, the reason why he wanted to be good, looking at him with the sweetest of faces that could be read "it's not worth it"

And now was the moment he dwelled to decide on...

Good

or

Evil

?

"I think I want to be good..." Donghyuck finalised, feeling a sense of relief in his body as he said those words, it was the truth.

"You are good-"

"How do you know that?" Donghyuck argued, knowing darn well Mark was just saying that because he is nice.

"Because... Because I'm listening to my heart!" Mark urged knowing the words would make Donghyuck change his mind somehow.

A loud silence filled the room as Donghyuck had his last seconds to think before making the final decision. He was born and raised with villainous parents, one leaving but still loving him and the other toxic. He was taught to be evil and it was in his blood. How could he ever be good?