8

When the Montague's returned home that night, Y/n hurried into her room. "Y/n." said her father outside of her door. She made a face, going to open it.

"Yeah?" said Y/n watching him walk in. Graham held his door opened, looking at her.

"I haven't forgotten about the Weasley boy." said Mr. Montague. Y/n stared at him as he sighed. "Why didnt you tell me?"

"I didn't think it was important enough to tell you. . ." said Y/n looking down. "I wasn't going to bring him home for you to meet him or anything."

"You will not become a Weasley." said Mr. Montague as he walked out of her room. He turned to Graham and shut his door, Y/n jumping. "Go to sleep, you two."

The next few days had been frustrating for Y/n and Graham. Their dad would come home from work to drink, getting drunk every night. The morning of their mothers anniversary, Y/n was getting ready to go to the cemetery. "Why aren't you ready?" asked Y/n walking into Graham's room.

"I'm not going." said Graham, still in bed.

"Why not?" said Y/n narrowing her eyebrows.

"I'm just— just go without me." said Graham. Y/n made a face and looked at him, he covered his head with his blanket as she sighed. She walked outside and walked a bit down to the cemetery that wasn't but a ten minute walk from her home.

The cemetery was covered in white snow, slowly finding her mothers grave. Y/n cleaned it off and sat on the floor, staring at it; pulling her knees to her chest. It had been six years since she watched her mother slit her own wrist, leaving her behind.

There was a noise behind Y/n as she turned around to see Adrian with flowers in his hand. "Why are you sitting in the snow, you're going to get sick." said Adrian setting the flowers down.

"Those were her favorite flowers." said Y/n staring at them.

"I know." said Adrian sitting down next to her. She sighed and turned to look at him. "Graham didn't come?"

"No." said Y/n. Adrian rose his eyebrows and turned back to the stone.

"Your mum was always my favorite, she always had the best snacks." said Adrian. Y/n snorted, turning to look at him.

"You're such an idiot." said Y/n shaking her head. Adrian got up, cold from the snow. He held his hand out for Y/n as she looked at him.

"Do you wanna go get some tea." asked Adrian. Y/n turned back to the stone and shrugged.

"Why not." she said grabbing his hand. He pulled her up and chuckled.

"You aren't freezing?" asked Adrian. Y/n shook her head and turned to face him as the two walked out of the cemetery, walking into a small wizard town.

"I always fancied the cold." said Y/n. Adrian opening the door for her.

"I always knew you were mental." said Adrian. Y/n made a face and took a seat as he chuckled, sitting across from her.

"You're going to tell me that you don't think the winter is beautiful?" asked Y/n tilting her head. Adrian looked at her and nodded his head.

"It is," said Adrian. "I just wouldn't sit in it like you, weirdo."

"I guess." said Y/n taking a sip of her tea. She turned to look outside, making a face. Adrian stared at her, seeing that she had snowflakes in her hair and lashes. Y/n's nose was a little red from the cold. Adrian realized he was staring at her, making him look away quickly.

"So, did your dad end up telling you anything about Weasley?" asked Adrian breaking the silence. Y/n turned back go face him, setting her cup down.

"He just told me that I wont become a Weasley." said Y/n with a shrug.