22

That night Adrian stayed in his room, waiting to hear Y/n's knocks that never came. He tossed and turned, until he finally got up and walked out of the room and straight into Y/n's. "Its about to be three in the morning." said Adrian closing the door behind him. Y/n lifted her head to see him.

"What?" said Y/n rubbing her eyes.

"Its three in the morning and you're not in my room." said Adrian crossing her arms.

"Why would I have to be in your room?" asked Y/n narrowing her eyebrows. Adrian sat next to her, Y/n looking at him.

"Since you've been here, we've slept together." said Adrian placing his hand on her cheek. Y/n moved it, laying back down. "Y/n?"

"For merlin sake, Adrian." said Y/n turning away from him. Adrian moved over to her other side, narrowing his eyebrows.

"Why are you acting like this?" said Adrian, frowning.

"Because you're basically my best friends boyfriend!" said Y/n sitting up. Adrian sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

"I told her I didn't want to be anything with her!" said Adrian grabbing Y/n's face. "She just— she didn't let me!"

"Well. . . we have to stop whatever this is." said Y/n looking at him. "Plus, im still dating Fred."

"Y/n stop, please." said Adrian moving a piece of hair behind her ear. "Tell her about us."

"She really likes you. . ." said Y/n softly.

"I really like you." said Adrian grabbing her hand. Y/n pulled back as Adrian softened his look. "Y/n. . . come on."

"I can't— we can't." said Y/n looking at him.

"Why can't we find common ground?" asked Adrian dropping his head on her shoulder. Y/n hesitated, she placed her hand on the back of his neck.

"I don't know. . ." said Y/n. Adrian wrapped his arms around her waist, Y/n closing her eyes and pulling him away. "We can't do this anymore."

Adrian sighed, feeling her pull him away. "Maybe if I would've kissed you sooner, things would've been different. . ." said Adrian. He got up, walking out of the room. Y/n groaned, throwing herself back on the bed and covering her eyes.

"For merlin sake." said Y/n to herself. In the morning, Y/n had been sitting in the grass outside, looking into a book.

"Good morning, Y/n." said Mrs. Pucey walking over to her.

"Good morning." said Y/n turning up to her.

"What are you reading?" asked Mrs. Pucey.

"A potion book." said Y/n lifting it up. Mrs. Pucey chuckled and sat down next to her.

"Your mum use to do that a lot too, do you remember?" asked Mrs. Pucey. Y/n smiled softly and nodded her head. They stood silent for a bit until Mrs. Pucey continued again. "Y/n?"

"Yes?" asked Y/n.

"Is Adrian— well, what is going on there?" asked Mrs. Pucey. Y/n's eyes widen and looked behind her to make sure nobody was there.

"W-what do you mean?" asked Y/n sitting up straight.

"Well, I seen the two of you kissing in the garden. Did you want to kiss him or—"

"Oh Mrs. Pucey," said Y/n turning red in the face and looking back into her book. "I was the one that kiss him but trust me, it won't happen again."

"Oh?" said Mrs. Pucey. "And why not?"