Chapter 41

"My mom is still in the living room!" Normani whispered into her phone as she peeked around the stairway to see her mom sat in front of the television with a book in her hands. "She always stays up late doing random shit and I guess today she decided to read!" Normani let out a sigh before slowly going up her stairs and into her room.

"Then sneak out of your window you stupid bitch!" Lauren listened to Dinah whisper back to Normani as she fixed a shape on her bed to make it look like if she were sleeping. "I've been outside for half an hour! I could've picked up everyone else by now!"

"Then go pick them up first!" Normani angrily whispered back, looking out of her window and seeing Dinah sitting in her car. When Dinah looked up at Normani's room, she saw Normani waving her hand. "Hurry up and go pick up everyone else, I'll try sneaking out in the meantime."

"Bitch, I'm already here!" Dinah tried to argue.

"Oh my gosh!" Zendaya groaned into her phone as she stood in front of her house looking down the street. "I'm literally a street over, come pick me up now Dinah!"

"No! Me first!" Alyssa quickly said. "Philip is in the backyard right now! This is the only free slot I have before he comes to the front!"

"Run down the street then and wait for her there! I'm literally a street over!" Zendaya argued.

"I'm going to pick up Ales first!" Dinah rolled her eyes before speeding off to pick up Alyssa. Zendaya made a face, not understanding the logic since she was closer but eventually decided to start walking towards Normani's house.

"Fine! Pick up Alyssa! I'm walking to Mani's right now! Pick us both up there!" Zendaya said before the others continued to talk through the phone.

Lauren rolled her eyes at how unorganized her friends were. They had planned out what time to sneak out and meet up, but clearly things were not going as planned. Parents were awake late, siblings wanted to keep talking, or security was an issue. At least, the ones getting picked up by Dinah were unorganized. The others were already on their way to pick up Lauren, having been able to get out of their house with ease.

When Lauren was finished with fixing her bed, she looked at her siblings who were watching her. "Remember the plan." Lauren spoke to them as she grabbed her backpack from her bed. "Keep Channing busy."

"What about Dwayne though?" Chris asked, taking a seat on his sisters bed. "You know how he is. I don't think he's going to believe that you went to sleep at 7."

"He will if you tell him I've been crying again." Lauren reached down and gave Camren a good scratch before facing her siblings again. "Just, don't worry about Dwayne okay?"

"Okay." Taylor glanced at the dog before meeting eyes with her sister. "Be careful, Laur." Taylor could feel her eyes water at the thought of anything happening to her sister. She was scared, not just for her sister, but for everyone. She didn't think it was smart of them to follow through with this idea of theirs after finding out that the guy that attacked Chris was Kyle, but she knew that it was the only way. Taylor knew that they couldn't risk the safety of Sofia or Camila.

"Don't worry, Tay." Lauren stopped giving Camren attention and stood up to pull her sister into a much needed hug. "We're going to be fine." Lauren whispered into her sisters shoulder before pulling away.

"Laur, we're outside." She heard Olivia's voice come through her phone.

"Okay, I'll be out." Lauren said before hanging up the call and putting her phone in her pocket.

"Time to distract them." Chris sighed before standing up. Taylor gave her sister one tight hug before grabbing onto Camren's collar and leading her out of the room, ready to start the plan. Chris only stared at Lauren before grabbing the backpack from her and walking her to the window. He popped it open before looking out, seeing Lauren's friends in Becky's car out front.