Chapter 49

"Lauren!" 

She heard it again. She could feel her body slowly awake as her name continuously rang through her ears.

Lauren tried to open her eyes, but she was tired. After a few minutes, she managed to have enough strength to peel her eyes open, only to shut them quickly when she was blinded by bright lights.

"Lauren!" She heard Amy's voice, making her eyes flutter open, trying to adjust to the brightness. "You're awake!" Amy stood over her with red eyes and a wide smile. Amy quickly leaned down and gave her best friend a gentle hug. The green eyed girl tried to speak, but she froze when she realized that something was over her mouth.

"Hold up! Let me get the doctor!" Amy gave her friend a gentle kiss on her forehead before she stepped out of the room, leaving the green eyed girl alone. This gave Lauren an opportunity to take in her surroundings. It was a decent sized room with two lounge chairs to the left of her and a futon to her right. pillows and a blanket were placed atop the furniture piece. She could see that she was connected to a machine that beeped every couple of seconds. She knew where she was. Lauren knew she was in a hospital room, but why?

"It would be best if only Lauren's parents are with her at this moment. We don't want to overwhelm her." A deep voice brought Lauren's attention to the door.

"She's my sister! I have to be in there with her." Amy tried to argue with the doctor. Before he could reply, Clara shook her head.

"It's okay, she can come in with us." The doctor only shrugged before the four of them entered the room. Michael and Clara were quick to run to Lauren's side, happy to see their daughter awake.

"Aye, Mija!" Michael cried out as he caressed his daughters cheek. "You had us all so worried."

"Oh sweetie." Clara wiped away her tears as she held onto her daughters hand tightly. Lauren only stared at her parents, unable to speak, and not knowing what she would even say. Should she apologize for the scare? She didn't know, so instead she faced the doctor standing beside her bed.

"Good evening miss Jauregui. I'm doctor Guzman. I have been in charge of you since you came in." He sent her a gentle smile just as a nurse entered the room. "I know you may be confused at the moment, and that's alright. I'm going to ask you a few questions, but first, Jacob here, is going to take out that oxygen tube to make you more comfortable."

Lauren coughed as the nurse slowly pulled out the long tube. She took a deep breath and allowed her dad to aid her in drinking water. She wanted to speak when asked questions, but she couldn't. Her throat hurt too much and she felt tired and groggy.

"No worries, Lauren. You can rest some more and I will return later." Doctor Guzman gave her a smile before he walked out of the room, Michael and Clara following behind him, wanting to know what he thought of Lauren's current state.

"Laur, you scared me so much." Amy wiped away a stray tear. "I thought I was going to lose you."

"S-sorry." Lauren tried to sit up, cueing Amy to assist her when she saw Lauren flinch at the movement. Lauren felt pain run through her body as she slowly sat up, making her even more confused. 

'What the hell.' Lauren thought when she saw Amy's very pregnant belly. 'Didn't she already have them?'

"Lolo?" Her head quickly snapped to the door at the sound of the angelic, yet broken, voice. The second Lauren's eyes met Camila's red and tearful eyes, she felt her own start to sting.

"Camz?" Her raspy voice let out as her heart began to race.

"Lauren!" Camila practically jumped to Lauren before wrapping her arms around her girlfriend. Lauren flinched at the pain in her stomach and chest, but she ignored it. Camila's touch was worth enduring the pain.