Chapter 6

*Another reason to hate me. Oh well. Enjoy ;)*

Camila's POV

"Don't worry. I'll try to fix this." I said as I opened the car door.

"I don't think this can be fixed." Amy said with tear filled eyes. I sighed before stepping out of the car and closing the door. I signaled Amy to roll down the window and she quickly obliged.

"She's just upset. We gave her enough time to calm down today." I started as I peeked my head through the window. "I'll try to sort all of this out."

"Well good luck. I know how she is. She's not going to listen."

"Yeah, I do know how she is and I know she'll be understanding about all of this." She nodded her head as if she was trying to believe my words, I just hope that I can believe them myself.  "Well, thanks for letting me stay over and dropping me off."

"No problem, Mila." She gave me a small smile before driving off. I took a deep breath before I entered the house. I walked into our room, only to see that Lauren wasn't inside. It's already 5pm. Where would she be?

  I walked around the whole house, checking every room, but I just couldn't find her. I was going to call her until I realized that I haven't checked the backyard yet. I made my way out and looked around, still no sign of her. I took my phone out to call her until I saw the door for the greenhouse slightly open. I slid my phone back in my pocket and made my way to the door. When I closed it behind me I saw Lauren staring at a flower pot with dried up stems.

"Lauren.." I started until she cut me off.

"You know, the sunflowers died right after I cut them down for you. Now they're just dried up stems." She reached out and touched the stems, causing the fragile stem to snap. "I made my mom feel bad just so that I could make you happy. And even after you threw them in the trash."

"They dried out. I had..." I tried to explain but she cut me off again.

"Are we the sunflowers?" She finally turned to me with tear filled eyes.

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my brows as she turned back to the dead stems.

"I gave you the most beautiful part of the flower like I did with myself. I gave you everything. I gave you my love and my body yet you threw it all away. I gave it to you knowing that you could either throw it away when they got bad or you would keep them no matter the condition they were in just because you knew they were from me." Her voice cracked as she finished the last sentence.

"No, no, no, no, no." I said quickly while stepping in front of her. I tried reaching for her hand but she pulled away and took a step back. "Lauren, I didn't throw away your love. I would never do that because it's something special for me. We aren't like the flowers. I only threw them away because they got old and they withered." I felt myself choke when I saw the blank expression on her face.

"Was our love real for you or was it only real for me?" She asked me.

"Of course it's real for me!" I immediately answered. "Why would you think that it wasn't?" I knew she could see that I was hurt by her accusation.

"Do you think that our 'love' is only an illusion?" She asked dryly.

"What do you mean?" My voice cracked. I quickly wiped at my eyes as she kept her intense stare.

"Do you really think we're in love? Because the more I think about it the more my theory makes sense." She sighed and took a seat on the small bench.

"What's your theory?" I couldn't stop the tears that continued to escape my eyes. My voice was unsteady as I hesitantly sat beside her, keeping my space so I won't upset her anymore.