Chapter 19

Camila's POV

"Are you ready?" Clara asked me while she grabbed her car keys.

"Yeah. Thank you again." I smiled at her before following her out of the door.

"No problem sweetheart. If you ever need anything you know you can just ask me or Michael." She said as she unlocked the car. "We would be more than happy to help you."

"Thank you Clara. You're truly a great person and I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me."

"It's nothing really." She waved her hand off and started the car. "But I must ask you, were you and your friends drinking yesterday?"

"No. We were just hanging out at the beach. I don't even know where Lauren got the alcohol." I answered. "She left with one of our friends for a while and came back drunk."

"I take it that it wasn't Amy since she can't drink anymore."

"No, it wasn't her."

"So Lauren is just acting up on her own now? Because every time she was getting into trouble Amy was always with her, but now that Amy is pregnant I don't believe she would do stupid things with Lauren now." Clara looked as though she was in deep thought. I didn't know what to say so I just stayed silent and stared ahead. "I've also seen her grades. They're really low, passing, but low. The school year is almost coming to an end and I want her to finish with at least B's and C's. I think I'm going to have to talk to Michael about her. I'm really worried."

"I don't think there's anything to be worried about. She could just be really upset about, you know." I mumbled.

"That's true, but if this is her only way of expressing how hurt she is then I should be worried. Drinking and doing poorly in school should not be a way for her to express herself." She shook her head. "How have you been though?"

"Honestly, it's a bit of everything. Happy because i've been talking to my parents more but I can't be fully happy without Lauren." I frowned.

"Sweetheart, I don't know what happened between you two, but I don't understand why it happened." I turned to face her with a confused expression. She glanced at me before she continued to speak. "The way you and Lauren act around one another is true love. You two have been through so much and you risked your life to protect Lauren at the cabin. I just don't understand why you two would let your love go so easily."

"I'm not letting our love go. The only reason I broke up with her is because I'm fighting for it." I took a deep breath before I continued to explain myself. "Clara, your daughter is in danger because of me."

  Out of nowhere Clara swerved into the right lane. I gripped onto the seat and made a quick prayer for my life until she pulled over on the side of the road.

"Who is trying to hurt you and my daughter?" She said with all seriousness in her voice and in her eyes, although I could see a bit of anger in them too.

"It's going to be hard to believe, but Kyle is." I mumbled.

"That doesn't make sense, why would he do that?" She questioned me.

"Because nobody helped him pay back the money he owed to that guy he was selling drugs for. His wife was killed because of that and he wants revenge. Elizabeth was in on it too because she also blames you for the death of her mother. Daniel was only helping them because he needed money and he wanted to inherit his family's money. After the Christmas incident Kyle bailed Jeffery, Olivia's other uncle, out of jail so he can have him on their side to help kill all of us." I quickly explained.

"Jeffery is trying to kill you too?" Clara asked in pure shock.

"No. On Thurday he confronted me and told me all of what Kyle is trying to do. He's the one who told me to break up with Lauren."