Chapter 22

Lauren's POV

"Lauren, you better come back home right after the appointment you got it?" My mom said sternly while I was eating the omelet that I had made.

"But what if Amy wants to go eat after? You know, to celebrate or something." I questioned.

"Tell her no." She shrugged.

"I can tell her no, but she won't take it. You know how she is." I watched as she rolled her eyes.

"If she doesn't take no as an answer from you, have her call me and I will tell her." She said as she continued to read something on her phone. 

"Are you sure you would want to try to tell her no? I mean, you told her I wasn't allowed to go with her to the appointment, yet I'm going after school." I raised a brow at her as I stabbed my fork into the omelet. I watched as she thought about what I had just said. My mom loves her, but Amy was one my mom couldn't stand at times. Since her parents never really watched over her, Amy would always stay over at my house. My mom always saw her as a third daughter, only more annoying than Taylor and I. Let's just say that Amy learned how to manipulate people because my mom was the one she would practice new tactics on. Ever since we were young Amy was always able to convince my mom into letting me tag along with her, even after my parents said that it was a solid no, like now.

"Ugh. You're right. That girl just talks to much sometimes." She shook her head. "Fine, if you two decide to go eat after, I'll be fine with it. But I want you back right after."

"Clara, no. Lauren is grounded. Amy needs to learn that a no is a no." My dad intervened.

"Fine. You heard the answer Lauren, but have her call him instead of me because I do not want to deal with her." My mom gestured to my dad. He only nodded his head before he continued to eat.

"Okay." I shrugged. "I'll have her call you dad, then you can tell her no for me." I watched as he froze for a while. He shared a look with my mom before he turned to me.

"Have her drop you off right after you finish eating okay?" He said.

"Yup." I smiled at them before something crossed my mind. "I also forgot to tell you. She's planning on throwing a gender reveal party this weekend and you're all invited. It's going to be on Saturday."

"Aww, I can't wait to find out what it's going to be!" Taylor started to gush as she took a sip of her orange juice.

"I can't wait for it to be born! I hope it turns out like her." Chris said.

"Oh no! That girl was a complete trouble maker when she was young." My dad said as he shook his head. I smiled at the memories of the two of us causing trouble when we were younger. My dad would always get mad at us and think it was all her doing, but he didn't know that I was the one who came up with the ideas, she was just the one who wasn't scared to do them.

"Well, anyways, she wants Becky and I to help her plan the party. Since it's already Thursday she wants me to stay over at her house tomorrow and help her set up and go shopping with her for whatever is necessary." I eyed them, hoping they allowed me to tag along with her. 

"No. Lauren, we have only seen 2 of your grades go up. You need 1 more for us to even consider a date to unground you." My dad said without even sparing me a glance.

"I know, but the only class I'm failing now is French, and I already talked to her yesterday. I did extra credit work so I'm practically passing her class now." I quickly said.

"That's good, but you're not only grounded for your grades. You're grounded because of how you have been behaving. You've been going out and getting drunk and when you get home you cause a lot of trouble."