september 2022

Kacie hugged Christian as soon as she saw him.

There was a point while she was in LA that she wasn't sure about their relationship.

Now, she firmly believed it was him that she loved.

"Missed me that much?" Christian exhaled as he looked down at her embracing him.

"Sorry," Kacie grinned as she pulled away a little bit.

"It's fine," he smiled, "So what happened?" Christian asked, knowing something was wrong due to how overly-relieved she was to see him.

"I haven't told you everything, huh?" Kacie gulped, not wanting to relive that scene of her at Cody's babyshower that she'd been putting off to tell just about anyone who wasn't there.

"Don't worry," he assured, putting an arm around her, "We don't have to talk about it."

"No, I probably should."

Christian examined Kacie as she uncomfortably looked around. He could tell by her body language and essence that whatever the situation was made her feel disturbed, almost. Softly, he stated, "We'll talk about it when you're ready."

"But—"

"I can tell it's not now, Kace."

Kacie nodded as she knew Christian was right. She knew she wouldn't be able to get through even half of the story without crying or getting irritated.

"Alright, wanna go get ice cream now?" Christian finally grinned, trying to pull Kacie out of the glum state she'd put herself in within a few seconds.

"You know me too well," the girl faintly smiled, as they locked hands and disappeared down the street into the lamplight.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Gosh I'm stuffed," Christian leaned back in his chair across from Kacie, examining his plate that was half eaten, then to Kacie's who was barely even touched.

"We shouldn't have eaten ice cream before dinner," Kacie laughed.

"Yeah but making good choices doesn't matter when ice cream is involved," he grinned.

"True," she laughed.

"Kacie don't look now, but..." Christian trailed, as his eyes were engaged with someone behind her.

Kacie's eyes searched Christians as she eagerly waited to be told who just walked in, "What?" she rushed.

"Cody just walked in with Clayton and Chris."