october 2022

a/n — bear with me these chapters bc I've never been in a custody battle so idrk how it works 💀💀

Cody flopped on the couch in relief.

Finally, he'd just settled the custody agreement.

Of course with that, came him having to pay Lydia a bunch of money, but the good news was that he got to take care of the child full-time and wouldn't have to worry about his daughter being dropped off at daycare for three days while her mother went out, partied, and forgot about her.

The other tricky part was who was going to watch her while he was gone?

She's an infant, and he didn't wanna take her on a plane every other week because it would unhealthy and unsafe.

He also didn't wanna give her to Madisyn, who would've been his first choice but it'd be too much with everything going on.

The good thing now was that the season was almost over, and soon he'd have almost 4 whole months to figure it all out.

But for now, he'd have to care for the baby himself and take any help he could get from anyone who offers.

Kacie rushed down the stairs as soon as she heard the doorbell ring, hoping it'd be Chelsea with the food.

Her hair was currently in a low messy braid with a hat shading her tired eyes, due to how hard her and Mady had been working to get everything in line for Leighton & the court.

Opening the door without second thought, her smile dropped when she came face to face with Cody, and his baby.

Cody awkwardly stared at Kacie as she glanced from him to his daughter. Her expression basically looked as if a pizza delivery guy were to have shown up to the wrong house.

Finally, Cody watched Kacie nonchalantly turn around and yell behind her, "Freddie, there's a guy at our house with a crying kid!" before closing the door and leaving Cody there to stare at it.

He watched as his daughter glanced up at him, making faces towards her to try and get a giggle out of her, which he didn't. It was worth a try, though.

A few moments later, Freddie came to the door and opened it, looking a little embarrased.

"So when are you two going to figure this out?" he asked quietly, stepping aside for Cody to come in.

"Whenever she wants to."

"You both have to apologize."

"She's not going to," Cody looked up the stairs towards where he saw Kacie's shadow moving across the overlook.

"Then you forgot who she really is."