Ch. 60 - Putting it in Writing

Just like every other time Levi and I decided to anything even remotely intimate, we were interrupted, but this time, we both had already finished by the time there was a knock on the door. It was out of our systems, and we were glowing, but we were good.

Maybe a bit better than good, all things considered.

With a smirk I lifted myself off him and began fixing my clothes. Levi tossed the blanket back over himself, far too content right now to put any more effort in than that. I buttoned my pants and shirt and looked back at Levi, turning in place so he could look at me. With a nod that yes, I was presentable now, I walked to the door and opened it.

It was Jean, who had arrived just minutes before I had left the kitchen to come back here. He'd taken over cooking for me and assisted Hange, promising to let me know when it was ready even though I didn't really ask for him to. I forced a neutral face as I looked at him.

"Hello again, Jean," I said.

"Hello, captains," he said, looking as though he didn't quite believe my countenance was genuine. This was amplified and proved further as his eyes narrowed slightly and he leaned to one side, peering around me. Levi met his gaze evenly, propped up on his elbows as he was, bathed in afterglow -  though I hoped Jean would figure it was just light streaming in from the windows. 

But by the time Jean looked back at me I was smiling cheekily, unable to control my expression any longer. Thankfully, Levi spoke first. "What the hell do you want, kid?"

"Lunch is ready," Jean said, eyes searching mine. "We're setting it up outside in the courtyard, if... if you want to join us."

"Thanks," I said, closing the door with a smile. "See you in a few!" As soon as the door was closed, I turned back to grin at Levi. "We're getting good at this."

He sat up, leaning back on one hand as I sifted through his clothes to prepare a clean set for him. "It's unfortunate we've had to," he said, tossing the blanket off him to stand up.

As I folded a shirt to add to the pile for him, I watched him approach out of the corner of my eye. He stepped right over his discarded clothes to stand at my side. I placed the shirt down onto the pile I'd made and lifted the whole pile up, offering it to him.

He took the clothes from me and when he turned to head into the bathroom to get ready for the day, I simply couldn't resist the urge to smack his bare ass. He jumped slightly, not expecting it, and I adopted an innocent look when he turned to glare at me, cheeks ablaze.

"Amaya."

"Yes, baby?" I asked, trailing a hand across his back as I walked round him towards the bed. I picked up his discarded clothes and tossed them into our hamper. When I began making the bed, he continued to glare at me. "Sorry, I'm in a good mood! What? Don't look at me like that! Aren't you going to go get ready? They're waiting for us, you know."

"Damn you," he hissed. It took all I had to hold my laugh in as I heard him grumble to himself as he headed into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

I peered curiously at Eren from between the bars as he mumbled to himself. "What are you doing?" Hange asked.

It was the next day; we were still in Trost, but the heads of the military and Queen Historia had arrived. Right now, we were to collect our two rebels and head over as a unit to the court where our meeting would be held. Eren turned his head, the poor boy looking as though he was still in a daze.

"The Attack Titan," Hange said, leaning against the wall and mimicking the position he had taken up. "Didn't you just do that?"

"No," Eren denied vehemently as Levi stepped forward, reaching into his pocket for the cell's key. He worked to unlock the door, selectively ignoring Hange.