CHAPTER 2

......... ✨✨............
AFRA'S pov.
"Ya Allah! Did father threw a party while I was at the wedding?". I asked Tas-alla thirty minutes later and she nods 'no'.
"So how come this much food, just for dinner!". I complained.
"Please pipe down sister Afra, father might hear you". She pleads.

"Tas-alla, who made this?"

She smiles sheepishly and bit her lower lip.
"I'm talking to you?". I said and playfully slap her arm.
"She did". Rusöol says as she walks into the kitchen.
"She didn't ask you". Tas-alla complains.
"Like you provided her an answer, when she asked". She scolds Tas-alla.
"Okay-okay, I'm sorry I made much food than the usual amount". She apologizes
"How about other times, won't you also apologize for making much foods in the past?". Rusöol teases her.
Tas-alla shrugs her shoulder and says"I won't".
"Tas-alla!". Rusöol yells as she tries to hit her but Tas-alla quickly hides behind me.
"Enough, I'm sure everyone must be waiting at the dinning table, let's go and serve them dinner". I suggested.
"Then what about the left overs?". Tas-alla asks.
"You should have thought of that before cooking". Rusöol scolds her.
"Please let's serve them dinner". I requested and they agreed.

Everyone is eating, the whole room is silent, only the clicking sounds of cutleries were heard.
I decided to break the silence.
"Nice meal Tas-alla". I said as I turn to her.
"Na gode! (Thank you)". She says in return.
"I love the smoothness of the tuwo shinkafa(Rice porridge), it's just great". Grandma added.
"Yes grandma". I agreed.
"It would have been much nicer if you had prepared this Afra, than waste your time for something else". Father scolds.
I gulp my tuwo shinkafa with melon soup and avert my gaze to the jug, I refilled my cup with water and took a sip from the water.
"Umm Afra, please pass me the jug". Stepmom said.
"Sure".

"Wayo Allah!(Oh my goodness)" . Lami, one of our house help shouted.😲😲
"What happened?!". Stepmom asks in fear.
Father's cloth was already wet after lami accidentally pours water on him.
"What happened lami?!". I asked and notice that she was staring at the Tv mounted at the other end of the dinning room, she had tears in her eyes, she begins to sob and it soon turns into a cry.
I turned to the Tv and saw a young man been shot dead.
"E don go be dat, small child wey just commot from village go Kano say make e go read book, the child life just finish like dat, this world wicked, this world wicked, wayo Allah!!!!!
(What a heartless world, a kid from the village who went to the city to further his studies is dead now)". She laments while crying.
"Are you mad?". Father scolds her, he reaches the remote control and switches off the Tv.
"Lami, please leave, go back into the kitchen, I'll handle the rest, go please". Stepmom says as she extends a wiper to father.
"Okay madam, inalillahi wa inalillahi rajun!". She says and goes into the kitchen.
"It's all your fault Asma'u, you're being so lenient with her, that's why she's got the nerves to do nasty things in this house". He scolds stepmom.
"Enough now!, she only pour water on you, be thankful to the Almighty that it wasn't acid". Grandma complains.
I turned and saw both Tas-alla and Rusöol bitting their lower lips to prevent themselves from laughing🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭.
"I'm so sorry, I will just go upstairs and arrange some clothes for you". Stepmom insists.
"No, let it be, I'll do it myself". He stops her and sighs.
"I've lost my appetite". He says and storms out of the room.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😅
Rusöol and Tas-alla suddenly bursts into an uncontrollable laughter.
"What are you both doing?". Stepmom asks in surprise.
"Sorry--mu--mum--the situation is funny". Tas-alla said between her laughs.
"She's right mum". Rusöol agrees while laughing.
Soon I heard grandma laughing, stepmom smiles and says
"Yes I agree with you all that the situation is funny, nevertheless your father is angry, so please behave yourselves". She turns to grandma "Mother, you're laughing too?, it's time for you to have your medicine".
"Why are you sounding like I'm a child? Of course I know it's time for my medicine". She says still laughing.

"My medicines are with lami, please call her out". Grandma says.
"Lami! Lami! Where is she?, lami!!!". Stepmom called.
"Yes ma". Lami answers as she walks in.
"Fetch me mother's medicine". She orders.
"E say wetin (pardon me)". Lami asks and Stepmom sighs heavily.
"Go bring me mama medicine wey she give you
(Go and get me mother's medicine)". Stepmom yelled and Tas-alla laughs Harder.

"Lami, the man's funeral would soon begin, please try not to miss it". Rusöol teases her.
"

Kai wayo Allah, wayo Allah". Lami cries as she reaches the remote.
"Will you get out of here and bring me mother's medicine". Stepmom scolds her.
😂😂💖💖✨✨✨✨

Twenty minutes later.

📱" Yes, I'm home already, I'm just going through some office files".

📱" U go send me the videos wey you make on Monday make I watch am
(Please send the wedding videos to my phone on Monday)".

📱" Why don't I forward it to you on WhatsApp?".
📱"Urghh!!! See this one, Dem tell you say nah everybody get data for phone, aunty send am through Xender on Monday, Biko!
(My data bundle has expired, send all the videos to me on Monday, please)".
📱"Habba! Di-di, you're such a penny-pincher".
📱"I know, besides I just finished my last penny on my electricity bills and also on groceries, I'm out of cash".
📱"Hmmm!! Okay".
📱" So, tell me, how was the wedding nah? Gist me, abeg the grooms, fine abhi? (Tell me all about the wedding, are the grooms of each brides' handsome?)".