CHAPTER 24

✨✨✨✨💞💞💞✨✨✨✨

AFRA'S pov.

I was about walking into the building when Di-di suddenly grabs my hand.
"Afra where have you been?
What took you so long to get to work?
Why haven't you been picking my calls?". Di-di threw multiple questions at me as I walk into the building.
"Maybe I'll be able to provide answers if you stop talking". I replied.
"Come with me now". She said and dragged me.
"Wait-wait-wait-wait why are you in a haste, and I haven't been answering your calls because I had an appointment with my doctor ..and we were in the middle of a discussion when your call came in.. I went to the hospital". I said as we both came to a pause.
"Girl which one you pause me now, abeg come jare... Come nah
(Let's go!)". She yelled.
"Ok-ay". I said as we both stepped into the elevator.
"You pressed the ninth floor, Di-di, we're on the third floor". I said and she groans in annoyance.

"Come with me". She said and dragged me out of the elevator.
"Why are we moving towards the direction of the conference room.....". She opens the door before I could finish my sentence.

"Miss Ahmad!!". Mrs Da'ud Wakil called out happily.
"Ma?! Um ... Good morning ma". I greeted.
Surprisingly all the members of board were present and Mrs. Wakil too, I thought she was supposed to be on leave.

"Surprised?!!  I told you I'll surprise you, but this ain't the surprise yet.... Mr. Wasiu can you do me a favor of telling her the surprise". She said sounding excited.

"Miss Ahmad......". He takes a quick pause and continues.
"You've been promoted". Boss Kareem announced and my jaw dropped.
"Congratulations Miss Ahmad". He added and everyone began to applaud.
"Congratulations Afra". Di-di said as she hugs me tightly.

"This morning we found out from our company's vice president of sales, that through out the weekends, our company has been having large sales...... And that's all thanks to you, Miss Ahmad, you see during the weekend we learnt you were able to impress Mrs. Wakil here, the CEO of one the best fashion industry in west Africa and both she and her company was very impressed at what we do here in Noor-ummeeta, because of you Miss Ahmad, we might have a chance of sealing a good deal with some Dubai fashion company with the help of Wakil fashion enterprise". He announced and everyone became amazed.

"Miss Ahmad, all members of the board together with Mrs Da'ud Wakil have come to a final decision........ to move you from the position of just a fashion designer, to the one of the head designer in Noor-ummeeta".
Boss Kareem added and everyone applaud again.

😦😦😦🙂🙂🙂
"Thank you sir, thank you ma".
"No, thank you Miss Ahmad, and congratulations again on your promotion". Boss Kareem said before walking away with Mr. Basheer.

"Congratulations Miss Ahmad". Mrs. Wakil said and a me hugs me.

"Congratulations".

"Congratulations".

"Thanks Everyone....".

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"I still can't believe I was just promoted". I said as both Di-di and I walk down the stairs to get coffee.
"Awwwnnn!!😍😍". She said and smacks my head.

"What was that for? ".
"That's to bring you back to reality that you're not dreaming.... Girl Dem don promote you jare".
She said and I smiled.
The elevator door opens as we descend the last stair case.

"Ahh!!! Hello Miss Ahmad, the woman behind our company's large sales". Boss Kareem greeted as he comes out of the elevator with Mrs Wakil and.....😐😐😐 Mr. Mashood.
"Congratulations again....
Oh!!! I just can't stop congratulating you😊😊". Mrs Wakil said.

"Miss Ahmad?! ". A female intern called as she approaches me.
"Yes".
"This are for you ma'am". She said as she hands me a bouquet of flowers.

 She said as she hands me a bouquet of flowers

"For me?🤨.....from who🤔?".
"I don't know". She replied.
"Okay, thank you".

"It has a card". Di-di said and picks the card from the flower.
"Abbas Imran".😲😲 She called out.
"Hmm, it's like the so-called Mr. Abbas knew you'll be promoted today😉😉". Mrs Wakil said and winks.
"Mrs Wakil?!". Mr. Mashood out to calls her.
"Oh! I'm so sorry, We'll be on our way Miss Ahmad, take care". She added.
"Thank you ma". I said and turned to Di-di.
"What's up, who be dis Abbas Imran".
"Trust me, you don't want to know him".
"Trust me, I want to know him, girl you were in a relationship and you didn't inform me.... You owe me for this".
"I'm not in a relationship, give me the card".
"Afra, be honest, it's just the both of us here". She said and I looked around.
"This is a work area". I screeched.
"Girl calm down and share the romantic news with me".
"I don't want ☕☕☕ coffee anymore, let's go back to the office".
"So, about Imran Abbas, he's a suitor, father had informed me about before he travelled to Morocco".
"Come oh! I hope your father isn't planning on the arranged marriage idea, or is he?".
"I'm afraid he is".
"What about Abbas Imran, do you know him?".
"No, only Tas-alla does... She made mention yesterday that he's a jerk".
"So you guys haven't met yet? right?".
"Yes, but I think he's planning to by what he has written in the card here".
"So do you want to meet up with him?".
"No.... I mean.. not now, if I meet up with him now, that would give him more chances of hanging out with me, and if that happens it will surely make the plans of the arranged marriage push through". I explained and she nods in agreement.
"Just know one thing Afra, that I have your back In whatever PO---SITIVE decisions you make".
she said.
"Must you stressed the word positive". I said and she laughs.
"Come on we have so much to do, congratulations once again".
"Thanks Di-di".

✨✨✨✨
NA'IM's pov.
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
I was walking back into the building when my phone began to ring...📳📳
It was Khadija who was calling.

📱"Hey Na'im💞❤️".
📱"What is it?".
📱"I was hoping you are free today, I want to come over to your office".
📱"Khadija, today is Monday, the most busiest day of the week".
📱"I know, I just want to hang out, for old time sake".
📱"I'm busy".
📱"How about tomorrow?
Please don't say no, please Na'im".
📱"You really haven't changed a bit, Khadija you're not a child anymore".
📱"Just say yes". She barked😤😤😤😤.
📱"Ah!! Ok-ay are you ordering me?".
📱"Come on Na'im".
📱" Aren't you supposed to be busy... Don't you have scripts to rehearse? ".
📱"My shooting has been postponed till three week time, because the scenes they're shooting doesn't includes me, so I'm free through out this week and next week of course".
📱"I'll check my schedule......".
📱"Thank you, I'll wait for your reply, byeeee".
She ends the call.

She didn't even allow me to finish my statement, I was going to say that it might not be possible for us to meet.
✨✨

✨✨
Please, please, please
vote and comment.
🥺🥺🥺 Please 🙏🙏🙏