CHAPTER 19

✨✨✨✨💖💖💖✨✨✨✨

I walked out of the mansion all dressed up for the day.
I have to submit all the styles today to Mr. Mashood and I'm so excited I was done sewing everything.
As usual Usman was there again to talk about his passion for music.
"Sannu madam". He greeted as the chauffeur helps me arrange the dresses in the car.
"Sannu Usman".
"Madam you just dey shine your teeth today, abhi you win loterii ?
(You in a good mood today, have you won a lottery?)".
"Usman which one is loterii?".
"Lo-lo Kei mana... I no sabi am, but I know say as you dey you go sabi am
(I don't know how to call it)".

"How she no go sabi am, she be you we no go school
(Of course she can pronounce it unlike you who's an illiterate)". Lami said as she walks in.

Okay, it's not good to have this two together, because whenever their together, Habba there is always a loud show.

"Rami, you no say I no call you, por(for) your information I go school reach prinary- prinary- 8
(Lami I attended primary school up till primary 8😂😂😂😂😂)".

"And when my mama give me Rami, Kei my names nah Lami no be Rrrrrami
(I'm lami not Rami)". She said stressing the last word.
"If you no no book make I shiish (teach) you
(If you want I can educate you)". She added.

"Lailaha ilalah see senior illiterate wey wan teach ferzin(person) like me oh
(Look at an illiterate trying to teach a literate)". He mocks her.

"Abeg I no better pass you wey dey misk pee P and ef  F
Mr. Prinary-8 😂

(At least I'm better than you, Mr. Prinary-8)".

"Kar ka bata min rai (Don't make me mad), Madam I go slap ferzin pikin this morning
(Ma'am, I'll hit her if she doesn't stops)". Usman said and the chauffeur laughed.

"Shey nah dat kishen you dey come shop, come nah.... Wallahi if you no go-go toilet 13 times today
(I pray you don't visit the toilet 13 times today)". She said as she touches the ground, her tongue then points up.

😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣
"Enough please.... Ok-ay, why are you both here huh?!". I asked trying to hold my laughter.
"Madam nah my music oh, abhi..".
"🤫🤫🤫🤫Shhh!!!! Shut up jare.... Maaa music, maa music". Lami mocks him.
"Rami you dey craze?".
"Madam, tell say make e no near me oh.... Madam.... Madam?". Lami said as she runs away from Usman.

Hmmmm!!!! So much happiness in the morning... Of course when father is away on a business trip to Morocco.
I think I'll leave to those two, they'll settle down eventually... Prinary-8 😂🤣🤣.

🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘🚘
I smelt the air, hmmm so dry..and dusty.... harmattan... I better stop inhaling it, if I don't want to pass out.

Okay the house was so lively today, but Noor-ummeeta seemed more lively today.
💞💞
And it's really helping alot.

"Good morning everyone". I said as I walked into my office happily.
"Hmmmm, someone's in a good mood today?". Di-di said as she approaches my table.
"So why are you so happy?". Di-di asked whispering.
"Baba's away for a business trip". I announced whispering back and she giggles.

"Wow!! Are this the styles?".
"Uh-huh". I replied nodding.
"I love it... Can I get one?".
"Impossible!!".
"So, what did his secretary say?".
"He's not around yet... You have about twenty minutes to go over your presentation". She informed and I sighed heavily.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
"Good luck".
"Thanks Di-di, I'll need it". I said before knocking on Mr. Mashood's door, but no reply.
I knocked again but still no response.

It's been ten minutes since I've been waiting, and kursum isn't here yet, could it be that Mr. Mashood can't make it to work today.
"Why are you here Miss Ahmad, aren't you supposed to be in the conference room now?". His secretary asked as she walks up to me.
"What!!!". I barked in return.
"He, he wanted me to submit the styles in his office".
"No, at the conference room and he has been waiting for you there for the past minutes".
"Ya Allah!!!". I exclaimed and quickly run into the elevator, but forgot I left the styles and rushed back to get it.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
"I'm so sorry, sir I.... ".
"You were late". He yelled.
"I'm so sorry sir.... I had no idea the presentation was supposed to be in the conference room". I confessed.
"And what do you want me to do, she was impressed by the sketches and waited for the styles as well as you...the fashion designer but what happened..... Nothing?".
🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺
"I'm so sorry sir, I had no idea...".
"Save your silly explanations Miss Ahmad, because of you today we couldn't sign the contract between Noor-ummeeta and that fashion industry".
While pleading I saw kursum walks out of the conference room smiling happily, she turns to me and mouthed 'too late' to me.

So she knew he wanted the presentation in the conference room but never informed me.
"Sir... I..".
"Now, give me one reason for you not to get fired huh?!".
I gulp and exhale deeply trying to muster courage.
"I'll fix it sir, I'll get, I promise".
"Fix it?! Ok-ay let's see you try and fix it... And if you fail to fix it....?".

With that he said before walking away.
And just like that my morning got ruined.
I picked up the styles and quietly walked back to my office.

"Afra". Di-di calls out to me.
"Hey!!". I responded in a very silent tone I wondered if she heard what I said.
"What's wrong with you..... Did his business partners love the styles?".
"I.. I don't know". I replied lowering my head as I grabbed my inhaler from the bag.
"You don't know what?".
"A-hem". Kursum clears her throat as she walks up to my table.
"Oh!! Please inhale more, you'll need it Afra, she was actually late for the presentation.... How sad, Mrs. Da'ud Wakil loved the sketches and kept her hopes up to see the designer but what happened.... She didn't show up".
"What is she saying Afra?".
Di-di asked again.

"I'm saying that she wasn't able to make her presentation". Kursum replied.
"Why weren't you able to do that, and how did you arrive late..".
"Well that's because...".
"I didn't ask you MADAM". Di-di scolds kursum.

I looked up at kursum with squinted eyes and chuckled, she smiles in return and giggles.

"Thank you kursum...". I said and she mouthed 'you're welcome'.

"I'm confused oh, what's going on nah... And you, please leave here".
"Like I wanted to be here with you guys". Kursum replied back with a surly expression before leaving.
"How dare... ". She was about to hit kursum when I held her back.
"Let her be". I pleaded badly.
"Af-ra".
"Hmm".
"Let's go somewhere else than here.... The more I stay here, the more I feel like scratching someone's face with my new nails". She said and I laughed inwardly.