CHAPTER 22

✨✨✨✨✨💞💞✨✨✨✨✨

NA'IM's pov.
It's Saturday morning, and we were approaching November ending, the cold-dry and dusty wind, season...HARMATTAN.
I woke up with a headache and sore throat, I walked up to the dinning and met the maids clearing up the table, I guess mum and lahad just finished eating breakfast.
I cleared my throat to get the maids attention.
"Inna kwana Sir". One of the maid greeted.
"Hmmm, get me toast and juice". I ordered as I took a seat.
"Yes sir". She said as she exist the dinning room.

"Here's your breakfast". The maid said as she placed the food in front of me while I was scrolling through my phone.
"Ok-ay soooo.......... What the hell is this?". I yelled after noticing what was in front of me wasn't toast and juice.
I turned around and saw it was mum, and the way she was walking shows that she had recovered from her leg injuries.
"There you go, take this first before your breakfast". She said and sits next to me on the left.
"What is this?". I asked as I raised it up giving it a disgusting look.
"That's a herbal mixture, listen to how your speak, you sound like a horse dying from thirstiness.... Now drink that". She ordered.
"No... I can't, I'm sure it's that bitter herbal remedy isn't... I'll get some medication later, as for now I can't take this...local whatever". I said and she nods 'yes'.
"Just like that?". I asked and she nods 'yes' again, standing up to leave.
"Are you just giving up like that?". I asked again and she nods 'yes' for the third time.
"Mum are you lying?".
"Yes". With that she said and walked into the kitchen.
"This woman will never change, still weird and childish".
I gave the herbal mixture one more disgusting look before heading to the garden.

I was picking fresh flowers from the garden when I had an incoming call from an unknown caller.
Should I take this or not?

📱"Hello".
📱"Hello, Good morning sir".
📱"Who's on the phone?".
📱"It's Miss Ahmad sir'.
📱"What do you want ....and how the hell did you get my number?".
📱"Boss Kareem gave me... ". She said and I immediately hung up on her.
"Kareem!!!".
😡😡
"Why are you shouting brother?". Lahad as as she wheels herself in.
"Nothing lahad".
"Whoa! your voice sounds horrible". She added and I shrugged.
"HARMATTAN...sister". I said dropping my phone on the table and she chuckles.
"I heard the maids saying that mum made you her special herbal mixture".
"It's poison🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮 Lahad". I said and she laughed.
"It's not poison, actually I'm used to drinking it now and it really works". She said as I approached her wheel.
"How about you tell me all about your stay in Dubai". She suggested.
"Sure". I said and wheel her to the living room.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
"So you stayed three days without bathing, how dirty". She said and I shrugged.
"Wait until you experience the cold there then you won't be opening that mouth of yours to say I was dirty".
"Sorry I called you dirty.... Grandpa".
"Ohh!!! So now I'm your grandpa".
"Ah! Have you listened to your voice yet?".
"He sounds horrible isn't?". I heard that same familiar voice I've been hiding from.... I look up and saw the same lady who always pulls my cheeks many years ago.
"Big sis Ummeeta!!". Lahad called out excitedly.
"Hmmmm!!". I sighed loudly.
"Nai'mat". The same name she always calls me.
"Sister Ummeeta". I called her name standing up.
She approaches us and place her leather bags on the table.
"Good to have you back... Do you know how much I missed you?". She said as she hugs me tightly.

Apparently she's been the most weirdest sister I've ever had, good thing she's not video recording everything now because she's that type who loves to video every moment right from childhood.
And I heard she's a famous YouTuber now.
"You're suffocating me". I lied and she let go.
"Ina mama and what's up with your voice nai'mat? ". She asked as she sat on the sofa directly opposite mine.
"He has a sore throat". Lahad replied.
"Why haven't mum gone into action since?". She asked as she placed a cushion pillow on her lap.
"Trust ummah(mum) nah, she has prepared it since as if she knew he would wake up today with a sore throat". Lahad said and Ummeeta laughed.
"Has he taken it yet?".
"No sis". Lahad replied again and I snort rolling my eyes.
"How the hell do you both take that?". I asked and they shrug.
"I guess with time, we were able to take it". Ummeeta said.
"And Noor too?". I asked and they shouted.

"Baba, as in mad oh💪💪💪💯". Lahad exclaimed and chuckles.

"You should see her drink it like her life badly depends on it.... surprisingly she doesn't find it bitter". Ummeeta said.

"Yes sister Ummeeta is right, Noor kinda find it sour, she always says that it tastes like lime juice 🍵🍵".

"Really.... Can't wait for her to come back, I'll make sure she has mine whenever mum makes it for me".

"Ummi?!". Mum called out to Ummeeta in her pet name.

"Maa!! Inna kwana".
"Ya kike?".
"Alhamdulilah". She answered making space her mum to sit next to her.
"How are your husband and child?".
Mum asked as she sits down.
"They're both doing well.... I heard you were unwell, actually I would have come these few days to check on you, but I couldn't, because my son has chicken pox and we were treating it".
"How is my grandson now?". Mum asked worriedly.
"He's okay"
"How manage did he contact chicken pox?". Lahad asked.
"School".
"I brought some snacks 🍔🍔🌯🍕🍟🍟". She said as she brought them out of the leather.
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
We were talking about funny things that happened while I was not around when a maid walked up to us.
"Sir you have a visitor". She said and I nod to let the visitor in.

I wasn't expecting any visitor today, could it be Kareem again, I swear he won't like my attitude today.
I was unwrapping some snacks when I heard foot steps approaching us.

"Asalam alaykum". A female voice greeted.
"Wa alaykum Salam .... Ah-ah you?". Mum replied sounding excited.
I look up and I couldn't believe my eyes.
Miss Ahmad.

✨✨✨✨✨✨

Na'im seemed a little bit different than usual, he isn't cold , arrogant and angry today.
And now Afra is at his home, what does she want?!!

Ok-ay please do vote and comment below, that will really help me alot and encourage me to update regularly.