CHAPTER 17

✨✨✨✨✨💖💖💖✨✨✨✨
Please please please try and vote on this story.
I Hope everyone is doing good?
And I also hope you're enjoying the book?

THIRD PERSON'S pov.

Na'im was on a video conference call when Kareem walks into the office.
His secretary signals Kareem and he nods in response.

"Sure". Na'im said before ending the call.
His secretary immediately takes the laptop away and placed some fashion magazines on his table.

"You may leave now.... Inform the COO Mr. Basheer about the importations".
"Sure sir".

"Good morning". Kareem greeted and Na'im ignores it.
"Habba Na'im don't tell me... ".
"It's Mr. Mashood". He warned him.
"Ok-ay Mr Mashood, are you still angry about the fact that I was the reason why Miss Ahmad is back in our company?".
"Isn't obvious?".
"Duuude!!! Come on, I was just helping you company, especially you my friend". He explained.
"I didn't ask for your help".

"Well she's back now and most members of the board have agreed that she has to stay, besides her styles have really helped this company ever since she became an employee here...".
"Well isn't that why she's got the nerve to spill coffee on me yesterday, because the board are supporting her stay here.... But don't forget I'm also a head in the board members". Na'im informed him.

"Don't Tell me you're still trying to get her out of your company... Besides that coffee incident of yesterday was a mistake.... Besides you were the one who bumped into her".
"Okay let's agree that, what she did yesterday was a mistake, but what about the stupid lectures her sister was giving me yesterday about how to drive a car? ".
"What?!!". Kareem said and chuckles.
"How did you meet her sister?".
"Does that really matter?... Come to think of it, I haven't received the documents I asked for, about the informations of all newly employed staffs".
"Those documents are stored within the HR software, I'll copy it into a flash drive and send it later.
"Okay".
"So how are you getting along with your mum? the last time I'd seen her was when she found out that.... You know the ATHEIST thingy, wallahi she was very mad".
"We barely talk, she's still mad, besides we had a little argument the other day and she fell down the stairs, but she's doing okay".

"Wallahi what you're doing to her is not good, how do you think she feels anytime the thought of you being an atheist comes ringing in her mind?...I know you have your reasons but...not cool".

Na'im is checking on the employee files of the new employees.
He enters Afra's name and begins to go through her information.

"Same surname, same medical report, they're asthmatic, so much in common..... And that car her sister brought, it's a very expensive car........Who are you Miss Ahmad?".
Na'im thought as he reaches out to my phone next to his laptop on the table.

📳📳

📱"Hello, good morning Mr. Mashood". His P.A greeted.
📱"Hello Mr. Akram".
"I would like you to hire a PI".
📱"Sure sir, and when would you like to meet up with the Private Investigator?".
📱"Next week".
📱"Okay sir".
📱"I'll send you the address i want to meet up with the PI".
📱"Yes sir".

✨✨✨
"Thanks again for coming over".
"Sure anytime, I'll be on my way now".
"Okay, till next time, bye".
"Bye". Afra said and gets into her car.
She waves the lady again before starting her car.
She was almost out of the compound when another car came driving in, she horns repeatedly for it to make way for her but it didn't.
She gets down from the car and so does the other person.

"Mr. Ma... Mm... Mashood?".
"Miss Ahmad, what a wonderful surprise, I don't think I remembered inviting you of all people to my home". He said sounding sarcastic.
"Good morning.. I mean uh.. evening".
"What were you doing here?".
"I came to.... ". She gets interrupted by the ringing tone of her phone.
She brings her phone out of her bag and sees it was her alarm ringing, it was already 6:00pm, and she had to make it back home early before Maghreb time.
"Umm.. I need to go sir". Afra said and he chuckled.
"Sure". He gets into the car and makes way for her to leave.

"Brother?". Lahad called out to him as he walks into the mansion.
"How was work today?".
"Good, and where's mother?".
"She's upstairs, reciting the Qur'an as always before Maghreb".
"The lady who just left, why was she here?".
"She's the same lady who ran over mother's car".
"What?". He barked angrily.
"Brother, why are you so mad? she came here to check up on mom's health, she also wanted to compensate for the car damages but... We rejected it".
"What were you thinking, rejecting it?".
"And what were you thinking while converting from a believer to a non-believers?". Hajia ladifa asked as she walks downstairs by the help of a maid.
"Mum, you're supposed to be resting". Lahad complained.
"It's okay my child, I can manage". She replied glaring at Na'im.
"You haven't answered my question Na'im".
"I'm exhausted from work, I don't have time to answer questions now, I'll be upstairs in my room".
"Get back here, how dare you walk out on me, I'm talking to you". She yelled angrily as she goes after him.
"Ya Allah!! 😲😲". She screamed.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"Yes Mr. Omar hafeez I'll be looking forward to partnering with your boss". Alhaji Ahmad said on a phone call while Afra serves him tea.
"Sure". He said and signals her to wait.
"Thor, I'll be waiting for his reply".

"Okay, Good night". He ends the call and turns to Afra.
"Sir?".
"Have a seat". He said then takes a sip from the tea.
"Baba, is anything the matter?". Afra asked.
"Yes, I wanted to ask you some few questions". He clears his throat and leans forward.
"Why did you decline my business offer? I heard you got fired, so I decided to employ you in my company, besides that fashion career of yours is a total waste and you won't be getting anywhere with it".
He exhales deeply and continues.

"I want you to quit your job in the fashion industry you're working at and join both your sister, rusöol and I..... There may even be a better chance of you finding your life partner, I mean when you work mostly with female at a fashion company, it will be very difficult to get into a relationship".

"Amma Baba, I thought we were over this".
"We aren't over this Afra". He scolded her.
"What is wrong with you?
Aren't you tired of making sure you're home before Maghreb, when you're married you won't.... ".
"Baba!!". She cried out to him going on her knees.
"I can't quit my job, fashion designing has always been my dream, I love doing it, it makes me.. .....happy, I really do appreciate your job offer, Amma Baba I sorry".
"Always the same answer ever since you graduated from the Uni".
"I'm sorry, wallahi I'm just being honest with you, I love my career, mother also loved the idea of me becoming a fashion designer remember?". She asked and he moves the cup of tea away.
"I don't want it anymore, take it away".
"Okay". She answered as she stands up to leave.

"Afra?".
"Yes Baba".
"You are just like your mum, so stubborn, you don't even seem bothered by the fact that you're still single at this age...... That's why I have decided one thing".
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨