CHAPTER 3

............. ✨✨...........

📱"I don't know, maybe you should have come to the wedding and seen it yourself, rather than asking me questions".
📱"Chinekeh!(God) Afra so nah me you dey follow talk like this? your mouth
(God, afra you've got some nerves huh!)"
📱"Di-di enough with the pidgin English, what if your son hears all that you're saying, he will surely learn from you". I advised.
📱"Abeg forget that thing jare, I don warn am, e no fit try am
(He wouldn't dare do that)".
📱"Even if you've warned him, you need to stop speaking it in his presence".
📱"E no dey here, calm down
(He's not here)".
Abeg no forget my rice oh! you no say nah wedding rice dey sweet pass, as the Nigerian saying goes; better food na money kill am, so as una get money now, I sure say the food go sweet.
(Please the wedding rice, I want some, you very well know that wedding rice is the best amongst all rice)". 🍚🍚🍚🍚🍚🍚🍚🍚
📱"You've got to be kidding me, don't tell me that the main reason you'd called, was not to ask if I had made it home safely, rather it was to inform me of your......RICE".
📱"What did you expect before? abeg  MY RICE OH!".
📱" Goodnight Di-di".
📱" Afra... Hello,.... MY RICE OH!
📱.........
I ended the call and continued to go through the office files.
Soon I was interrupted by a knock on the door. 🙄🙄🙄🙄☹️

            AFRA'S ROOM.

"It's open, come in"

"It's open, come in". I said.
"Hey! Sweet sis". Tas-alla greets excitedly as she walks in with a tray of snacks.

She places the tray on the table and turns to me giving me one of her best smiles.
"I thought I brought you some snacks to help keep your stomach full while you're working". She says as she sits next to me.
"Hmm! Really?!".
"Yes, wallahi!". She swears with her eyes wide open.
"If you say so". I said and yawned.
"You look so tired, why stress yourself so much when you have tomorrow to complete this files?". She asks.
"Tas-alla I would love to explain it to you, but maybe another day". I said and turn to the snack.
"You made so much snacks again?!".
"A'a ban yi ba! (No, I didn't)". She lies
"Really?".
"Uh-huh!". She added nod repeatedly.
"If you say so". I said and yawn again.
"Habba! Sister Afra, are you planning to kill yourself soon? I know you have a lot of work to do Amma! (But) you also need some rest too". She complains.
"You're right Tas-alla, that's why I'd told lami to make me some coffee".
😲😲😲😲😲😲✨✨.
"What! Sis you should stop consuming so much caffeine". She advice.
"And who told you I was consuming much caffeine, I'm not, I'll just take some sip from the coffee and that's all".
"Okay". She says and the whole room goes silent.
I sigh and closed the file in my hand then turn to her.
"Me kuke so?! (What do you want?)". I asked and she smiles nervously.
"Can you do me a favor?". She asks.
"What kind of favor?".
"I need you to help me talk to father about something important". She replies.
"What is it?". I asked as i massage my temple.
"Remember the other time, I told you I wanted to start up a large business, I'm really serious about it". She explains.
"And you think I'm the only person who can help you out?". I asked and she nods 'yes'.
"Any reason why you think so?".
"Isn't obvious that father cares about you the most?". She spatted.
"Uh! no, didn't you see how he'd scolded when I'd came late, earlier". I ask as I take a bite from the snack.
"That's exactly what I'm talking about, wallahi! Tallahi! yarda da ni sister Afra (I swear, believe me sister Afra), he was scolding you, because he was worried about you as well as your future of becoming a wife, a daughter in-law and you know......... A mother". She explains.
"I don't buy that". I said while chewing.
"There are millions of reasons why I tell you that you're the closest to dad, and I'm very sure you'll be buying one of the reasons when I begin to mention them". She boasts.
"Listen to this one, you will really buy it".
"Okay I'm listening".
"Do you recall the time father scolded me not to address him as  Baba (native name for dad, father) huh! do you?, He strictly warned me that day, I think I was six then, he said you and nobody but you was given the full authority by him to be addressed as Baba".
💔💔
She said and I began to laugh.
"Don Allah a daina dariya!
(Please stop laughing) it was such an embarrassing day for me, and heartbreaking too💓💞💔💔". She complains.
"I could vividly remember how you kept shouting in step-mother's arms that you want to address him as Baba till you eventually slept off, so funny yet heartbreaking". I added and she frowns.
"I hate that day!!!". She yells.
"Enough, calm down, so what is it you want me to do for you?".
"Please talk to father about lending me some money". She pouts.
"And when did father started lending us, his children money? ". I asked.
"I... I.. Just help me talk to him". She cries.
"And how I'm I sure you will invest the money wisely, you childish brat!". I tease her .
"I will, I promise, please help me". She pleads on her knee.
Whenever Tas-alla pleads on her knee, it means she's serious, but I can't really place my full trust on her to invest all the money as a whole in the business, she will surely spend some on shopping for herself.
" Please!". Her words brought me back from my reverie.
"I'm sorry Tas-alla, but I don't think I'll be able to reach out to dad on your behalf". She frowns at  my statement.

✨✨✨✨✨
Vote and comment below.
💓......✨✨✨✨✨✨✨