CHAPTER 15

✨✨✨✨✨💖💖💖✨✨✨✨

AFRA'S pov.

I woke up the next morning and prayed my
tahajjud.
Then recite the holy Qur'an
till the Adhaan for salatul fajr was called, i closed the Qur'an and head out of the room to the prayer room.

I was ready for work but something was still missing and I don't know what it was.
My phone was in my bag, ATM card, USB flash drive, inhaler, mints, lip balm..... What could be Missing, I felt like I was incomplete.
"Me zai iya zama Bacewa? (What could be Missing?)". I whispered to myself.
"Salam-salam sis". I heard Tas-alla call excitedly from behind.
"Tas-alla Inna kwana.. .. I think I haven't carried something". I said still searching my bag.

"Yes, I'm so aware of that, it's your veil"

"Yes, I'm so aware of that, it's your veil". She says as she comes in front of me holding a yellow veil in her hand.
"Ya Allah so I could have gone to work like this, like a NAKED woman". I said as I snatched the veil from her.
"Thank you so much". I added.
Her phone begins to ring 📳
"Oh! It's Kabeer, I'll just take this, see you later". She says as she turns to go in.

"Good morning ma, how may I help you?"

"Good morning ma, how may I help you?". The receptionist asked, few minutes after I got to the hospital.
"Umm... The patient in room 87, has she been shifted to another room?".
I asked and she types something in her computer.
"Oh! You mean the woman who got hit by a car?".
"Yes, I brought her here yesterday".
"She has been discharged, her family members were here, early this morning". She confirmed.
"Uh, may I ask if you have any contacts of the woman?".
"Are you related to her?". She asked me.
"No, I just want to compensate her for some loss, I ran into her car and caused a little damage".
"Okay... ......Here, this was the number we'd contacted while she was still on admission".
"Okay thank you". I said as I took it.

Once I get to the office I'll give this number a call.

I took the cups of coffee and began to run upstairs, I hope I make it to the conference room before he arrives

I met up with up with some coworkers who were coming out of the conference room I guess maybe he hasn't arrived yet.
I was walking in when something happened.
  🌋🌋😠😠

"Shh!!! Ouch!! 🌋🌋". I Yelped in pain from the hot coffee which had spilled on my hand.
"Are you blind?!". A familiar masculine voice yelled angrily.
I looked up and saw it was Mr Mashood, he was staring at me with so much hatred.
I avert my gaze to his white attire which was already stained with coffee.
"I'm so sorry sir".
He looks at his attire, the cups on the floor then turns to me
"Why I'm I not surprised to see you again, Miss Ahmad...." He scoffs
"It's like you want to get fired again huh?! And what are you doing here serving coffees?". He asked again.
Everyone one both inside and outside the conference room could see everything, besides the door was wide opened.
"I'm talking to you Miss Ahmad". He shouted.
I gulp in fear and opened my mouth to explain but nothing came out.
"Where is Mrs. Fatai?". He asked.
"Sir". His secretary replied as she comes forward.
"Why is she the one serving coffee before the meeting?".
"Sir, i-i-i had asked her to do that". She stutters in fear.
"Isn't hiring you back enough? Now that you're back, you want to become a secretary all of a sudden".
"No sir, earlier we met downstairs and..".
"Did I ask for your explanation?". He scolded me.

Mr. Kareem comes there and turns to me.
"Why are you serving coffee? and your skin has turned red". He said as he examines my hand.
"Shhh!!.. ". I whistle silently and he let go
"Earlier today, we both met downstairs and she was in a haste to print some documents and also serve coffee too, so I offered to help her get coffee". I explained.
"Get lost". Mr. Mashood instructed.
"Yes sir".

The elevator door beeps and I stepped out, I was about going into my office when my phone began to ring 📳📳.
It was the number the receptionist had given me earlier in the hospital.

📱"Hello?".
📱"Hello, um you'd called me some minutes ago". A female voice replied.
📱"Yes, uh good morning.. ".
"I was the lady who had admitted your relative in the hospital.... ".

📱"Oh yes, the receptionist of that hospital had informed me earlier that she'd given you my number". She replied, she sounds like she was Hausa.

📱"Yes, Asalam alaykum".
📱"Wa alaykum Salam so you're Hausa?".
📱"Yes, I wanted to ask how she's doing and also compensate for the car damages".

📱"Don Allah kar (please don't)"
📱"Ina jin tausayin abin da na yi kuma ina son in taimaka
(I just feel sorry for what I did and really want to help)".
📱"No, don't worry.. Mrs...?".
📱"It's Miss, Miss Ahmad".

📱"Yes Miss Ahmad, I understand but you need not worry".
📱"Please, I just want to get the feeling of guilt away". I pleaded and she chuckles.
📱"You seem so persistent about helping huh?!". She asked.
"Okay, how about we meet tomorrow if you're not busy".
📱"Sure, I'll be less busy by 3:00pm". I said as I walked into the office.
📱"3:00pm it is then.. okay I'll text you the address later".
📱" Sure, good bye".
She ends the call and I looked up.
All eyes were on me.
I looked behind me but no one was behind me.
Di-di comes in front of me with her hands folded on her chest.
"What happened Afra?".
"Yeah, tell us". Hanêêfah insisted.
"First, place this on your skin". She says and hands me an ice pack

"I think I'm becoming clumsy nowadays, first I hit someone's car, then poured coffee on myself and even worst..... I-i poured coffee on Mr. Mashood".
"What?!!". Di-di shouted in surprise as we both came downstairs.
"I know.. I just don't understand what's wrong with me".
"So what did he say?".
"He...".

"Good night sir". The receptionist greeted as Mr. Mashood walks out of the building.
"Shut up.... Who was that handsome guy?".
"Wait.... you mean Mr. Mashood?". I asked and she widens her eyes.
"That-tha-that.... That is the CEO, Mr. Mashood everyone talks about?". She asks in surprise.
"Yes".🤨🤨
"Nawa oh, why you no come tell me nah.....Gosh he's good looking".
"Good night ma". I said to receptionist before walking out of the building.

Our discussion was interrupted with a car horn.
We both looked towards the direction of the car horn and saw it was Mr. Mashood's car, another was in it's way, wait I know that car, it's.... Oh no, Tas-alla's car😱😱!!!.

✨✨✨✨✨💖💖✨✨✨✨✨
Okay I noticed no one is reading my story anymore.
🥺🥺🥺
And I'm also aware it's a season of festivity, so everyone would be busy.
But I'll keep on updating it because, maybe one day when you're all less busy... Who knows? You might wanna check on my book again.

And if you do so...
Please do vote, comment and if you haven't followed me yet, please please please please do so now.

May Allah extend our life till next year🥰🥰
Allah Hafiz.