CHAPTER 29

✨✨✨✨💖💖💖💖✨✨✨✨
Afra's POV

"Asalam alaykum".
"Tas-alla, wa alaykum Salam, come in".
"Hmm you seem so busy with the styles you're making, you didn't join us at the prayer room neither were you at the kitchen to help make breakfast, anyways, I thought I bring you some tea". She said as she placed the tray on the table.
"Thanks, I really need that". I said reaching to it.
"Careful, the tea is really hot".
"Hmmm... And great, you made?".
"Yes, uh, before you go I'll like to give you this". She said and extends an envelope.
"What is this?".

"Take it first".
"No, I want to know what's in the envelope first ". I insisted.
"Okay, it's the money I borrowed, i was able to save up some money to pay you back".
"Tas-alla I hope you are not paying me with your restaurant's fund?".
"I was going to but, Kabeer stopped me and gave me some money instead".
"Are you sure?".
"Wallahi, I swear on the collateral ".
"I see your eyes are still in your car?". I asked.
"Yes so can I get my car back?".
"Yes".
"Great, umm get ready I'll drop you off... And please don't say no... because I'm insisting".
"Yes my Queen".

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
"Come on sister, why?? ".
"Because I said so.... Don't come and pick me up from work today,". I warned her after she'd dropped me at work.
"But today is jummah, or won't you be able to make it to
jummah?".
"Arghhh!!.... tsk-tsk and today happens to be the first jummah of the month". I lamented.
"Soooo..? ".
"Okay, you can come and pick me up".
"Yaay, alright take care, I'll be leaving byeeee".
"Bye, drive safe".
"Hmm I will".

❤️❤️❤️
"Continue with this I'll be right back". I instructed Sumaiya before walking out of the office.
"Good morning Mrs. Fatai". I called as I ran to her.
"Miss Ahmad? Just call me Mrs. Hadiza".
"Okay, sorry to bother you, but I wanted to give you this letter of permission, so that I can access some important documents in the file room, actually it's for my presentation, I was going to submit it to Mr Mashood myself but since you're his secretary.... ".
"Miss Ahmad... Umm.... is it okay if I call you Afra? ".,
"Sure".
"Afra, I would love to but the thing is that Mr. Mashood isn't around, remember, yesterday I told you guys that he was away? ".
"Oh!! I thought maybe he would be back today".
"No, until next week, anyways if you badly want to access a document in the file room, you'll need to report directly to the person supervising your floor".
"Oh!! That's ma'am Ayesha, she's not around to, she had gone to pay a visit to Mr Mashood's former secretary who gave birth".
"Okay, I'll give you some forms to fill, submitted it on Monday by then Mr Mashood would be around".
"Can't it be done today? ".
"No, I'm so sorry, it's either ma'am Ayesha signs it or Mr Mashood but since none of them is around.... I really can't do anything ". She explained
"Don't worry, anyways thanks, I really appreciate".
"No problems".

✨✨✨✨
"Mrs. Ahmad". Mr. Ali called out to me as I walk back Into the office.
"It's Miss Ahmad, Mr. Ali, she's still single". Belinda said.
"Huh! too bad for her age Tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk". She said and sigh in pity.

"Wetin be your own if she get man or she no get man, come oh, you wey dey talk about pesin relationship status, you don check yourself......
(Can you mind your business please, it's not like your relationship status is perfect)". Chucks interrupts.

"What did you just say?".
"If I tell you wetin you go do, abhi you wan beat me, you wan beat me?
(Ain't I right..huh... Or you wanna hit me)".
"I really don't have your time". Belinda said ignoring him.

"So were you able to obtain the documents?". Mr. Ali asked.
"No, and I don't think we would be able to get it till Monday".
"Ah! that's bad oh, and wallahi that document could help us with some ideas about Noor-ummeeta".
"You're right, I really don't know what to do". I added.
"Miss Ahmad, how about we ask some coworkers downstairs that have working here for the past few years, maybe they can tell us alot about Noor-ummeeta's success". Sumaiya suggested.
"The single, most sensible thing I've ever heard from you". Ali said to his sister.

"Oh come on brother, really?".
"Then it's settled, we'll do that, but for now, we need to continue with the style samples we are making".
✨✨✨
"Good morning everyone". I greeted as I walked into my former office.

"Miss Ahmad!".

"Miss Ahmad".

"Welcome to our office, long time". Samad said as I walked in.
"It's not even been a week since she left". Kursum said trying to kill the fun.
Hmm up there is Belinda and down here is kursum, what a world.

"How may we help you?".
"Where is Di-di?".
"She isn't around, she went out with Mrs. Abdulsalam to deliver styles samples to some boutiques around town".
"Okay... See I really..".
I explained everything to them and they'll told me what the knew about Noor-ummeeta, which I video recorded.
While talking to others I could feel kursum glaring at me, seriously there's something really similar between her and Belinda and that's their rudeness and.... Harsh words.

"I also remembered once when Noor-ummeeta was part of a fashion show... We supplied the contestants with umm gowns and different styles".

"Yes, atïkah is right".

"Oh! Thank you so much, this would be really good for my presentation".
"Sure, no wahala nah, we are always ready to help people like you". Hanêêfah said and turns to kursum.
"What?". Kursum asked.
"Are you really going to sit there and not help her out?".
"Me, help her out? ".

"Yes".

"Eh-hen nah we all met you here in this company".

"Never, so she can get promoted to a better position than the one she's in now, while I'll continue to stay in this god for saking office".

"Well guess what kursum, maybe if you're more polite and stop being pretentious ann..nnnd jealous, maybe- and I mean maybe, you might get promoted". Hanêêfah advised.
"Are you done with your monologue, shut up!". She said and walked out.
"Don't mind kursum, she just confused about her life".

"So tell us, how's your new office like".

"Yes, we want to know more about the almighty 'graveyard floor' ".

"Oh! It's not really a graveyard floor, like everyone calls it here".

And that's how we began chatting.