CHAPTER 35

✨✨✨✨💖💖💖💖✨✨✨

Afra's POV.

It's been three minutes since we got to Mr. Mashood's office, lahad and I were going through the company's magazine while Mr. Mashood and his P.A were discussing business.
I wonder what lahad want to show me, she looked so excited while saying the word 'surprise'.

"Lahad where's ummah?".
"Why don't you call her up?".
She replied and I could see that Mr. Mashood was angry at her reply.
"When are you and ummah going to stop this little children argument huh?.... Ummah is on her way, relax brother".

"Whatever... So as I was saying". He turned to his PA and they continued talking.

A knock was heard on the door and his secretary walked in.
"Sir, they've reschedule the meeting... Tomorrow morning".
"Okay...what about the list of employees?".
"Here sir... This here are numbers of employees going for the Christmas break".
He sighs and says "Just twenty one employees left including the ones working on the ninth floor?".
"Yes sir".
"You can get back to work now".
"Okay sir".

"Good morning ma".
"Good morning....Lahad dear!". Mr. Mashood mum called out as she walks into the office.
"Inna kwana ma".
"Afra... Inna kwana, How are you doing?".
"I'm fine ma".

"So what is it you want to show us?". She asked lahad.
"Brother Na'im, business time is over, time for the surprise, have you called Noor?".

💻"Yes... Hello everyone". Noor answered from Na'im laptop.

📱"Noor, how are you doing". Umeeta asked from lahad's phone.

💻"Big sis umeeta!!".
📱"For Allah's sake when are you coming back to Nigeria, you keep shifting the date forward". Umeeta asked again.
💻" Soon, sister.... Are you Miss Afra?".

"Yes . Hello". I answered with a smile.

"Ok-ay... Can I start now?". Lahad asked.

💻"Yes".
📱"Of course lahad".

"So... This morning after three years of staying in one position always". She paused and looked at me.
"I found out that....". She paused again and began to stand up from her wheelchair.

"Oh my world!!!... Lahad!". Her mum shouted surprisingly.
📱"You can stand on your feets again".
💻"Alhmadulilah... I'm so happy for you... Yess!!! Finally we can both go shopping together".
"Noor, she can only stand on her feets...she can't walk yet, until she heals up, no shopping". Mr. Mashood said.
💻"No worries brother, I'll wait".

"Actually brother Na'im..". She said and moves the wheelchair to the side.
"I can also walk too".
"Lahad... You... You can walk?". He asked as he moves close to her.
"Miss Afra... What's up with your face?".
"Lahad". I couldn't believe my eyes, I was so surprised, so fast... She really healed so fast.

"Miss Afra".
"I'm sraprise sorry...".
I swear I couldn't even form words.
Everyone began to laugh seeing how surprised I was.... Except Mr. Mashood of course.
"I'm so happy for you, you can finally move around the way you want to".
I said and she hugged me.
"It's all thanks to you, after you introduced me to the new physiotherapist... I found out I could feel some sensation in my leg, especially my feet". She said as she breaks the hug.
"How?". Noor asked.
"It's harmattan....".
"And your feet often gets cold on harmattan". They all chorused.

"Thank you Afra... I really appreciate, I really do". Her mum said in tears.
💻"Yes Afra, thank you... Sorry I'm not able to say it in person". Noor said.

"No, it's okay... Ma'am please wipe your tears".
"No, my dear, no one wipes tears of joy, so let it flow". She said and I nod in return.
📱"Thank you so much Afra, no wonder I've always liked you from the start.... You are a God-sent... Thank you, thank you, thank you".
Umeeta shouted and we all laughed... Except for HIM.

"Brother Na'im?.... Don't you have anything to say?".

✨✨✨✨✨✨

"Seriously, he really said that?". Di-di asked after we left the hospital.
"Yes, he was like 'You can get back to work now, I need some of the files you are handling tomorrow on my table'   ... ..and then he left the office".
"Come on!... I'm sure he's happy and wants to thank you, but he's pride and ego won't let him do that".
"So, I wasn't able to get the inhaler... Probably tomorrow".
"Really, make sure you get it tomorrow okayyyy".
"Yessss! Oh! I'm going to miss you guys so much".
"Same here, video calls everyday... By 8:00pm".
"Sure...Ezra, you still don't know how to eat your ice cream carefully?".
"Sorry momma Afra".
"My godson is so cute".
"Yes, I'm so cute.... Mummy?".
"Yes sugar-bo-bo".
"You still call him that?".
"Why?... You have a problem with that?".
"You're crazy Di-di... I'm sure he won't like you calling him that when he becomes a teenager".
"Until then".
"Mummy, I want to pee".

"Okay".
"Okay?!...Where's he going to pee".
"There's a mall close by".
"Di-di, you haven't changed, I remembered how we stopped at the hospital in our uni days just to use the bathroom".
"I had to fake-faint...".
"I remembered I was standing at the door, watching if the nurse was coming".
"And I quickly used the bathroom".
"Then we both ran out of the hospital.... Di-di!! 🌷 You're not a complete Human being wallahi" .
"Well it takes an incomplete human being to know another incomplete human isn't it?".
😀😀✨✨✨✨✨

✨✨✨
I know it's very short... But I hope you liked it🌷🌷🌷
Di-di is really an incomplete human being...... I love afra and Di-di's friendship relationship, don't you think it's kind of unique.

😒😒 Na'im is so... I didn't know, how about you guys help me complete the word by commenting and voting PLEASE.