CHAPTER 32

✨✨✨✨💖💖💖💖✨✨✨✨
Na'im POV
Flashback starts.

No, wait.... ".
"Useless huh?! Mr. Mashood, I'm not useless, someone here stole my presentation from me....". She said and walks up to him placing an i-pad in front of him.
"And please don't insult my level of seriousness, because I'll never keep people waiting in a board room for over forty minutes and then show up like nothing happened". She said referring to him.
"And just before you begin to use your harsh words on others, remember this, THAT WE ARE HUMANS NOT MACHINES we can't keep making things perfect for an imperfect man like you".

Flashback ends.

Narcissist!!!
How dare she speaks to me in such tone.

"Na'im". Ummah called out to me while I was helping her chop some veggies in the kitchen.

"Na'im!! Are you even listening, I said your father's coming over".

"Ummah (mum) can you please stop". I insisted and she looks around.
"Where is lahad?". She asked worriedly.
"She's upstairs with her physiotherapist".
"Oh! Her physiotherapist is around?".
"Yes, she arrived an hour ago".

"Good, so as I was saying?".

"Ummah please..".
"I just don't want to hear anything about that man". I replied as I hand her the already chopped veggies.

"Na'im". She scolded as she takes it from me adjusting her veil.
"Astaghfurillah, do you know he's still your father?". She asked as she begins frying it.

"Na'im, he wants to come back to us, aren't you glad?".
"After everything?". I turned to face her.
"Mother, he left us when we had nothing, when all your business crumbled, he left us for his filthy rich mistress in the state, since I was seven years old, don't you realize how many years he has been away from us?".

"But now he really wants to.... ".
"No buts mum, look you need to stop thinking about that man".

"I see despite the fact that every member of the family has forgiven, you haven't Na'im".

"And I will never forgive him, i don't even understand why you can't believe that he doesn't want to have anything doing with us". I replied as I dumped the knife in the sink annoyingly.

"Why would you say that Na'im?".

"Because it's super obvious, he's a traitor, he left us, he left you....". She slaps me before I could continue.

🥺🥺🥺😡😡🔥
"That man you're talking about is my husband..".
"He is your father, so don't you ever call him names".
"Fine, go ahead mum, keep loving him, keep thinking about him, rejoice okay!!!, he is coming back.... I'm out of here, I don't want that man in my life...I hate him". I added on my way out of the kitchen.
I really don't understand why everyone chose to annoy me today.

Doorbell rings.

"Asalam alaykum". Kareem greeted as he walks into the sitting room, after the maid had opened the door.
"Kareem, ah-ah longest time, how have you been?".
"Alhamdulilah, and you?".
"Mashalla, how are your wife and child?".
"They're all good..... Please I'm here for Na'im".
"Hmmm, that's if I know who Na'im is? You know the way around, help yourself with finding whosoever is Na'im". She said stressing on the word 'whosoever' sounding uninterested.
"Thank you ma". Kareem said and begins to walk upstairs.

I came out of the balcony and saw 5 missed calls: Kareem.

"I've lost my appetite, take that dinner back, to whoever sent you". I ordered.
"It's Kareem and not your house maid, Open up dump-head".
"Ka.. Kareem?". I asked while walking to the door.
"Why haven't you been picking up my calls?". Kareem asked as he walks into the room.
"Because I don't want to talk". I replied dumping my wet towel on the floor.