CHAPTER 6

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Rusöol and aylin laughs.
"A cry baby's trying to calm an actual crying Baby, Tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk hmmmm, too bad". She added and laughs again.
"I'm not a cry baby!!!". Tas-alla complains.
"You may think so, but I could remember how you always cry when you're been fed custard by mother and how you drool over your food, yuck! So disgusting!". Rusöol teases her.
"Why is he crying? Is he ill?". Afra asked.
"No, it's the change of environment, he's not used to the heat in Nigeria, we were actually experiencing winter back in Egypt before we'd came to Nigeria, that's why he's crying". She explains.
"Then turn on the air conditioner". Tas-alla suggested.
"Hey there little fella". Afra greeted as she bends to pick him up.

"Who made you upset huh?! Ummi? (Mummy?)"

"Who made you upset huh?! Ummi? (Mummy?)". She asks as she picks him up.
"So she forgot your toys back in Egypt.......BAD MUMMY, SO BAD, but not to worry, I'll get you more toys". She says and Za'yd starts cooing.
"So you listen to your aunt huh! And you don't listen to me..... Naughty boy". Aylin says as she takes him from Afra.
Tas-alla pulls his cheeks and says
"His cheeks are as soft as brother's cheeks, I remember how I used to pull it back then when I was still little" .
"Back then he was fat". Afra added.
"Grandma always calls him 'my fat little husband' ". Rusöol says and they all laughed.
"Let's give her some space, so she can get Za'yd dressed............. We'll be in the kitchen". Afra insists.
"Come on, let's go".
✨✨✨✨✨✨
"Hmmmm, love the aroma!". Grandma compliments as she walks into the kitchen with stepmom.
"We just have three visitors, and one of them haven't started eating solid foods yet, how come these much food?........ ". Stepmom complains as she spots the food on the kitchen counter.

 Stepmom complains as she spots the food on the kitchen counter

Everyone turns and look at Tas-alla.

"What? Hey! hey! hey!, I didn't make all these dishes........ Wallahi! ". She swears.
"Tas-alla I know you did.......... You keep on making so much than we can eat......... You know what?....I think, I should get some padlocks". She suggests.
"Padlocks, what for?". She asks.
"So I can lock up the storage room, as well as keep minimum food stuffs in the kitchen, so that you won't see it's much and continue to waste it". She explains.
"But we're super wealthy, why manage food?😔😔". Tas-alla mutters under her breathe and mum slaps her arm hard.
"Ouch!!!!.....".
"That is for what you just, I heard it, I'm warning you, don't cook so much next time". She says then turns to Afra and Rusöol.
"Please cover up the food, it's Maghreb time, everyone to the prayer room....... Come grandmother". She instructed.
"I can walk on my own, dear child, don't make me look like I have no strength, I mean I'm not that old... right?". She asks and everyone laughs.

AFRA'S pov.
✨✨✨✨✨✨
"Assalamualaikum warahamatullah, assalamualaikum warahamatullah.
(Peace be upon you and may the mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)". Brother said twice as he ends the prayer.
We all followed his actions by looking over our right shoulder then the left saying the same words.
Soon the prayer was over and we all head back to the dining room.

"It's good you led us in prayer today, musta'fa". Grandma says while we're serving the foods.
"Why grandma?". He asks.
"You should see your father when he leads us, he always uses long chapters of the Qur'an, and we keep on standing like that till he's done". She complains and turns to father "Don't your legs hurt? and that too he recites really-really slow". She added and father nods looking away 'You are a crazy old woman'.

"Well I'm glad you said that". Brother says smiling.
Sister Aylin comes downstairs with baby Za'yd, she makes him sit with us on his baby highchair.
Brother smiles at her and turns to his child.
"Welcome to Nigeria, say hi to your grandpa". He says as he plays with him.
"You've grown a lot grand son?". Father said and Za'yd keeps staring at him.
"He looks like his maternal grandmother". Grandma added.
"Let's eat". I declared after I finished serving everyone.
Everyone began eating their dinner, I was so happy because the family was complete, except that my mum was missing, I look towards her sitting spot in the dinning table and saw it was empty, I really wished she was here with us and didn't return to her creator.
'I miss you so much mother'.😭😭

"So are you planning to go back anytime sooner?". Father asks brother, as he stops eating.
"No father?". He replies.
"Why, hope all is well?". Father asked.
"Umm....yes, well my wife and I have both decided to stay back here in Nigeria, although we won't be living here in Kano rather we would be staying at Abuja..Umm I hope you have no...umm issues with...".
"Not at all..... that's good of you, you've really shown that you took over your father's traits... Becoming a good head of the family...I'm proud of you son". Father compliments.
"Za'yd inherited your hair, aylin and inherited the color of Musta'fa Iris". Stepmom said.
"Yes mother, as well as his crying behavior, I think he got those traits of crying from Tas-alla". Rusöol added.
"Come on I'm not a crybaby😔😔😔". Tas-alla complains.

"Besides those soft cheeks are from brother isn't Za'yd". Tas-alla asks him.
"Yes my dear child, that's why I call him.... ".
"My fat little husband". Rusöol and Tas-alla completes grandma's words and Grandma laughs.

Grandma is really an old crazy lady isn't she?
Afra misses her mum 😭😭😭.
Please vote and comment below, remember everything is fictional, as well as the characters.
🚣🚣🚣 Off To the next chapter