CHAPTER 26

✨✨✨✨💖💖💖💖✨✨✨✨
THIRD PERSON'S pov..

Afra steps out of the elevator after the door opens, she sighs before turning towards the direction of her new office.
She greets all the coworkers she met on her way but only a few responded with a nod.
"Here we go". She said as she turns the door knob.

She was immediately welcomed by silence, she looks around and everyone was busy, super engrossed in what they were doing, she smiles and greeted the lady next to her but got no response.
She huffs and goes to the table which her name written boldly in an italic calligraphy on a white name plate
"Good morning". She greeted the tanned skin lady next to her after settling down.
"Good morning". She greeted again.
"Were you greeting me?". The lady asked in return as she adjust her spectacles.
"Yes, I was greeting you".
"Good morning".
"Okay". The lady answered again and turns back to what she was doing.
"I'm... I'm Afra Ahmad". She introduced herself.
"Okay". She replied not even looking at Afra.
Afra sighs and brings out her sketch book.
"Lovely sketch book". The lady complimented.
"Oh, really thanks".
"Sure". She answered sharply before standing up to leave.
"And there she goes, I wonder why everyone's so different around here". Afra muttered to herself.
"Because you're new, you'll still get used to it". She heard someone talking behind her.
She looks up and sees a lady probably in her late thirties wearing a purple and white striped abaya, smiling at her.
"Good morning". Afra greeted.
"Good morning, I'm Ayesha, welcome to the ninth floor....
The Graveyard". She said and chuckled.
"You must be Miss Ahmad? ".
"Yes, Afra Ahmad".
"Hmmm, I know you might be thinking, why is everyone so engrossed in their work, well, how do I put it,
okay ummm let's say that, this floor happens to be the heart of Noor-ummeeta and one little mistake from this floor can jeopardize Noor-ummeeta in a very bad way".
"Really?!!".
"Yes, why do you think they call this place the graveyard for huh?!".
"I thought it was because the CEO wanted silence".
"Mmm that's also part of it but, the main reason this particular floor is addressed as the graveyard is because people ghosts each other here".
"But you don't seem to do that".

"I know, it's because I'm the only one who tries to keep this place lively".
"Ohh!!!.... Ok-ay".
"How about I take around so that you can get familiar with everything". She suggested.
"Sure, thank you ma".

✨✨✨✨✨
"And this is the show room, every head designer get their own show room after attending to ten clients without failure".
"Wow!! These styles are amazing.... who made this lovely gown?". Afra asked as she goes to examine it.

 Afra asked as she goes to examine it

"I'm done Mrs. Olalekan". They both got interrupted by a female voice.

"I'm having her dress delivered today, at the exact time
and loca- tion..... Um....I'll call you later ma.
Hey get your hands off my work". She shouted as she approaches them.
"Belinda, good morning". Ayesha greeted her.
"Save your greetings to yourself". She said and turns to Afra.
"And what do you think you were doing, touching that style?".
"Sorry, it's just that I love your work, the style is so beautiful". Afra explained.
"And I know that ok-ay, I make the best styles around here". She said proudly.
"I'm Afra Ahmad Kashim, I'm... ".
"I know you and I also heard that you were lots of trouble, let me tell you something, I'm also lots of trouble too, so please stay away from me and my business". She warned.
"Hey Belinda, Ah-ah calm down ".

"No, I really mean it, stay away from me... Excuse me". She said opening the door to leave.
"Don't mind her, she's an ill-mannered brat". Ayesha said and the lady who was ignoring Afra earlier walked into the show room.
"Muneërah, good morning".
"Good morning ma'am Ayesha". Muneërah replied.
"Ma'am Ayesha?". Afra asked.
"So, you are the ma'am Ayesha who supervises everything going on here?". Afra asked again.
"Yes".
"Afra, I'm sorry I ignored you earlier, I was scared, I heard you're rude and harsh".
"What?!!".
" Yes, miss kursum was here earlier this morning to warn us".
"Don't mind Kursum, Afra, she has always been a liar". Ma'am Ayesha said.
"Mrs. Belinda was so rude to you, is she aware that you supervise things here?". Afra asked.
"Mrs. Belinda Carlisle and ma'am Ayesha along with some other head designers were the pioneer's of the ninth floor". Muneërah explained.
"But why was she so rude?....with what she did earlier, she could loose her job if you report her to Mr. Mashood, can't you ma?". Afra asked.
"Of course I can Afra, but I rather watch her die in jealousy than watch her leave this company... She's just jealous that I got to the position of a supervisor instead of her". Ma'am Ayesha explained.
"Just like kursum". Afra thought.

✨✨✨✨✨✨

"Good afternoon sir". Di-di greeted Na'im on his way to his office
"Miss Rah'man Christie, what brings you to the ninth floor?". He asked.
"Ohh!! I was actually waiting for my friend, Afra". She said and looks behind him, to see Afra standing with a some documents in her hand.
Na'im turns and sees her standing too.
"Good afternoon sir". She greeted as she comes forward.

"Afra, these flowers are for you, someone sent them this morning". She said and hands her a bouquet of flowers.
"Who?..".
"Abbas Imran". Di-di whispered and winks.
"Ohh?!! Thank you". Afra said.
"If you're done, can you both get back to work?".
Na'im instructed sounding irritated with what's going on.

❤️❤️❤️❤️
"So what does the card says?". Di-di asked her as they walked into Afra's new office.

"It says he wants to talk......He wants us to have dinner".
"Ooh!! ". Di-di said teasingly.
"And he's also insisting that I can choose when and where I want to meet up with him".
"Hmm he doesn't sound like a jerk then, such a gentleman insisting a lady.... to choose where and when she wants to meet up with him, Ah, choose a very classy Resturant". Di-di suggested.
"So you want me to go and meet him?".
"Okay, at first I didn't want you to go, but I think you should go, and hear him out". Di-di suggested again.
"Really?".
"Uh-huh, come let's go to your new office".
"Ahhhhh wait, please don't greet anyone when you go inside, just play along with whatever I'm doing okay?".
"Why?".
"I'll explain on our way, let's go".
✨✨✨✨💖💖💖💖✨✨✨✨
  Vote please, even if it's just a vote I'll really appreciate, because voting moves we the writer to update often.
Have a nice day🥰🥰