Chapter 23.

Content warning: Unhealthy relationship

-Logan's POV-

"Roman I've noticed you've been quite unhappy the past few weeks, so I just wanted to check up on you" I say as I sit down on his desk chair. Roman sits on his bed, hugging a pillow. His expression clearly showing the emotions he tries to hide.

"What?! I'm not unhappy" he denies, and I resist the urge to roll my eyes at him. Instead I take a deep breath.

"I've known you for a long time Roman and it's clear that you are not okay" I continue in the hope he can understand that I only want what's best for him.

"I'm telling you. I'm fine Logan" he says. He knows we both know he's lying. Why does he have to be so stubborn? "Chad's coming soon. We're going somewhere, so I'd appreciate if you'd just leave." He stands up and forces me out of the chair.

"Well you don't have to be abrasive" I tell him as he pushes me towards the door. Then it suddenly opens and Roman stops pushing me.

Chad comes into the room. "I hope you're ready to go babe, 'cause we don't want to be late like last time" he says. He looks up from his phone and sees me. He smirks. He has an unearned air of superiority. "Well hello Logan." The condescension in his voice is completely intentional. "Didn't expect to see you."

"I was just leaving" I reply. I keep my tone hard and my stare icy. It's doesn't faze him as he just walks past me and goes to Roman. I turn around. Roman looks so uncomfortable and almost scared.

"At least you're dressed already. Seems like you've learned from your mistakes. Hurry up and get your stuff" Chad says. Roman starts almost frantically looking for his things.

The air in the room is tense and I feel the sudden need to leave. I catch Roman's eye and he nods before continuing his search. Chad just stands there. Looking at him, irritated. I can suddenly understand how Virgil got so enraged that he wanted to punch Chad.

I leave the room and close the door behind me. I walk a bit down the hall, and turn a corner. Then I wait. I want to see how this goes.

About a minute later, they walk out together. Chad puts his arm around Roman as they start walking toward the exit. I can see how tense his shoulders are, how both fists are clenched tightly. It doesn't look like a couple in love.

It looks like a kidnapping.

------------------------------

I know this is a short chapter, but the next one is gonna be good, so I hope you can forgive me ; )

-Willow