Chapter 28.

-Virgil's POV-

"Patton I'm really sorry about how I acted. I shouldn't have yelled at you and then not talked to you for days."

He shakes his head. I'm back in his room, this time not for comfort but for forgiveness. "It's okay Virge" he says. "You were stressed and sad and it's okay for friends to fight."

"We don't fight" I reply. "Or at least not like that. I acted like an ass, and you didn't deserve that. You were trying to help, and I blew up at you." I wish he wouldn't be so kind and understanding. He has every right to be mad at me.

Patton sits down on the bed beside me. "Virgil listen to me" he begins. He's being all serious. "You're my best friend. And I love you. And you are allowed to be mad. At me or anyone else. Yes you weren't very nice, and I missed you when you refused to talk to me."

I look down at my hands. "But I'm not gonna be mad at you for what happened. Because that wouldn't do anything."

"I really missed you Pat."

"I missed you too."

I wrap my arms around him. I know I'm gonna torture myself with this for a long time, but I'm so glad he still wants to be my friend.

-Roman's POV-

"I'm really glad you guys helped me come to my senses" I tell Logan. He's sitting on my desk chair yet again. Seems like the right way to talk to him anyway.

"Well you're my friend and you were not acting like yourself. You were clearly dispirited and much less vibrant." Underneath the matter-of-factness in his voice, I can hear the sadness. It's weird. He doesn't like getting emotional like this. And even though we've been friends for such a long time, I hadn't expected this from him.

I smile at him. "You're right. I was unhappy. And I feel dumb for staying with him and continuing to be unhappy, even though I knew it was his fault" I say. I feel sad all of a sudden and I don't want to. I don't want to be sad anymore.

"Roman do not blame yourself" he says seriously. More serious than normally. He really means this.

"You are not to blame for what happened. You are not responsible for Chad's actions or the fact that he made you sad."

I start laughing. "Goodness Logan."

"What?" he says.

"You really love me huh?"

"You are abominable."

He rolls his eyes at me. I'm tempted to press him and continue to tease him. But I just smile, and Logan softens his expression. "Anyway, I'm glad you're doing better now" he says.

"Yeah me too" I reply and stand up. I stretch out my arms and Logan looks confused and just slightly scared.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"I want to give you a hug."

I take a step closer. Logan doesn't move. I know he doesn't like hugs (except from Patton), but he will hug me. I put my arms around him. He's very stiff for a moment, but then he softens up and I feel his arms going around my back.

After a few seconds I let go. "That wasn't that hard now was it?" I say.

"Shut up."

-----------------------------

I am so happy that this story is almost over. Not that I didn't enjoy it, but it's been so long, I just want to have it finished to say "I wrote that whole thing"

-Willow