[13]

☆ A Z O R A☆

So far, its been a whole nightmare. I've said only a few words to dad.

It was a 'hi,dad. Good to see you.'

That was it, I walked away before he could answer. I've been avoiding him.

I ignored his calls and texts. The last time we talked was when I went to college. It was our 'goodbye'.

That was it. I wont say he didn't try, he did. I appreciate that gesture, really. Its just, when I look at his face, all I see is a cheater, a liar. The picture of his kissing that woman.

We've all been avoiding him. Everyone is avoiding their fathers.

Hey, atleast we're in this together?

Nio, Tony barely glanced at dad. All they said was hello.

Ezra didn't even say hello to Ian. Elliot didn't say anything either, he's been staying with them.

We're all laid out by the pool, drinking. Its about 1PM. All we've been doing is drink and swim.

Suddenly dad appears, Ian by his side. I watch as the two men sit on the patio chairs, drinks in their hands.

Mom and Dad seem to be getting along well. There's still tension, but its going good. Though, the difference and change is clear. Mom doesn't laugh as loud and show all her teeth when dad says something funny.

Dad doesn't grab mom's hand every now and then, or kiss her cheek. Its very clear that they aren't together. The spark isn't here anymore.

I watch as they laugh at something.

I glance at Ezra who's watching as well. He catches my eye and smiles sadly.

"Go talk to him." I convince him.

He shakes his head. "I'd rather not. Just let it be, love."

I sigh and nod. "Okay."

Soon, we're called in for lunch. We go in, grab our plates and walk right back outside.

I look at Ezra, who isn't eating.

I sigh and sit up. "Eat."

He doesn't answer, because his eyes are fixed on my torso.

I pinch his cheek, which snaps him. "What?"

"Eat." I say.

He shrugs. "I'm not hungry."

I grab the plate of food from the table, cut the meat and shove it in his mouth.

He groans. "Love-"

Before he finishes his sentence, another piece of food goes on his mouth.

Suddenly, we're really close to eachother.

I study his face and notice the faint freckles across his nose. His hair covers his forehead, so I ruffle it up and lift it up.

I find a scare, just across his eyebrow. I frown and run my finger over it.

"How'd you get that?" I ask.

He grabs my waist and draws small circles on my hips.

"Fights." He mutters.

I frown. "With who?"

He shrugs. "Some guy."

I nod, seeing he doesn't want to talk about it.

I cup his cheeks and run my thumb down his jawline.