Chapter 26

"Mute" AFO said. The word 'Mute' appeared across the screen. He turned, looking at the red and black haired rock. He walked over, smiling as Kirishima flinched.

"I think I've got enough leverage over Todoroki and Bakugo," AFO explained, "So I'm gonna let you go. But before you go-"

"What do you want? Get it over with." Kiri interrupted, slowly getting more and more angry.

"Anxious are we?" AFO smirked. "I want you to tell UA the real reason why I'm letting you go, but keeping the other three."

Kiri turned his head. He could feel AFO breathing in his ear, and he could imagine UA turning him away. He would be able to head out with only his quirk, because AFO didn't want to waste any quirks on him.

"Why would I do that? You took my quirk away, and gave it back every time Todoroki defied you. Now you say that to get my freedom, I have to do something for you?!" He screamed, anger boiling in his eyes.

AFO laughed. "I only ask that you tell them why I'm keeping Midoriya, Todoroki, and Bakugou. If this is not met, you'll come right back to where you are now."

Kirishima looked down, as the words settled in his mind. "How would you know if I didn't do what you ask?!"

AFO smiled. "One of your classmates was born quirkless, and their parents came to me. I gave them a quirk, but they work for me now. I can always check in on them."

This new information took awhile to settle into his brain. Out of everyone there, who's quirk wasn't theirs? Who wasn't born with their quirk? Who'd betray him? He shook his head, trying not to think about it.

"I'll do it, on one condition." Kiri stated. "If you want anyone from UA, it's me. Everyone else is off-limits."

He knew his efforts wouldn't be worth it, but if he could still be a hero, even if it was gonna backfire on him, he could try.

"Still playing hero are we? You have no choice. I can see you want to go home." AFO grabbed Kiri's chin, and lifted it up, staring into the angry eyes. "Do what I ask, or leave quirkless."

Kiri turned his head, and looked down. He couldn't stop him, and no matter how much he tried, he'd end up right where he was. Stuck, and abused.

"If you promise not to hurt anyone else!!" He growled in agreement. AFO had backed him into a corner. If he left quirkless, he couldn't stay equals with Bakugo. He'd have to leave UA.

AFO smiled. If he promised, he could easily break it. In fact, he didn't have to hurt anyone...physically. Yet, the rock in front of him never said anything about mentally hurting them.

"Tell them that I have no part in the kidnapping, and that it was all Shigaraki's idea. I give all the credit to my successor." AFO explained.

He let Kiri go, and told Kurogiri to get him to UA. Kurogiri put Kiri into the school, in the back of his class and left, not wanting to stay there.