Chapter 30

This chapter takes place inside Deku's head. It might be a little confusing at first, but please remember what happened with the control of Deku. Remember who has control over him, and then continue to read this chapter.

-------------------

The Nomus just kept coming, and he was losing energy. Every time he had gained a new quirk, a new Nomu appeared. When he had gotten to the controls, he managed to talk to Kirishima, before he had been dragged away by a Nomu.

The cage they put him in drained his energy, and he could barely stand. Every time he was able to stand, the Nomus shoved him back down.

One time, he was able to get all the way to the front, just in time to listen to Toga, and her intentions. He watched as all the villains, and Monoma smiled when they had come to a conclusion.

He reached for control, and got one word out before the Nomu dragged him away. "No." He was dragged back, and shoved into the cage.

As he was still recovering, he watched as Kurogiri stepped through. He looked at the Nomu, calming them.

"I must say I'm quite shocked. Master said that by now you would be long gone." Kurogiri hummed. Midoriya glanced up at him, the simple movement robbing him of the little energy he had left.

"I guess we should have expected more. Of course All Might wouldn't choose one with weak resolve to inherit his quirk." Midoriya lowered his head, too exhausted to hold its weight any longer.

"Obviously Master will be disappointed to know you are still here. I apologize, but I need to speed up the process." Midoriya's eyes widened, fear filling him with new energy.

Kurogiri walked over to the cage, but before he could reach inside, a wall of ice startled both of them.

"T...tod..." Midoriya attempted, too tired to say the full word.

Todoroki jolted his head toward Midoriya, and gasped in horror at the skin and bones, green haired boy that sat before him.

"WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING TO HIM?!" Todoroki yelled. He rushed toward the cell and yanked the door open, slipping to his friend's side.

"Midoriya?" Todoroki breathed, shaking him slightly, trying to get any sort of reaction out of his friend. All he got in return was a small whimper, but it was enough to let Todoroki know that he was alive.

He moved one arm to Midoriya's back, supporting him, while the other held Midoriya's legs. He gently lifted his friend bridal style, and exited the cage, glancing behind him for any sign of Kurogiri.

"Hold on Midoriya. I'll get you out of here." Todoroki then stopped short. This wasn't the real Midoriya. This was just his conscience. He couldn't remove Midoriya's conscience from his brain!

As he was moving further and further from the cage, Midoriya slowly stood up. Pretty soon, both boys were running, both using their quirks to keep the other out of trouble.

"Tsk tsk tsk." Kurogiri said, teleporting in front of the duo. "You're not getting away with it that easily." Kurogiri teleported Midoriya into the cage, as he slowly sat down like many weights piled onto his shoulders. 

Todoroki watched in horror as his energy drained quicker than gaining his energy. He started running toward the cage, but was held back by three Nomus.

As he continued to struggle against the strength of all three Nomus, he watched as Kurogiri got close, ready to finish the job.

He yelled, trying to get Midoriya's attention. He looked at the cage, and ceased to struggle. Midoriya lifted his head, and horror filled his eyes.

Todoroki smiled, seeing the reaction he had gotten out of his friend. He started struggling again, and more Nomus came, and started dragging him further back.

Midoriya stood up, and made the cage explode, scaring everyone. He jumped over to the Nomu, and blasted them to the other side of his brain.

Todoroki sat on the ground. The energy it took to fight against the Nomus was exhausting. Midoriya did everything he could to protect his friend, but he faded away. And then, kurogiri shouted "yeet"