Guilt is a Powerful Thing

"Yaoyorozu?!" Iida gasped, shocked at the sight of the vice class rep on the floor sobbing.

At the sound of her name, Momo jerked her head up, staring at Iida with her large, black, tear-filled eyes.

"O-oh! Iida!" Momo gasped, quickly wiping away any signs of tears from her eyes. "What are you doing here?" She smiled as she stood up.

"What am I doing here!? I heard someone crying! Yauyarozu, are you ok?" Iida exclaimed, stepping towards the black haired teen.

Yauyarozu was silent for a few moments, before she looked down.

"I'm fine." She mumbled, rubbing her arm.

Now, naturally, this did not sit well with Iida. She had been crying for heaven's sake! People don't hide in janitor closets and cry when they are fine!

"Yauyarozu, please, don't lie to me. You were crying. Something is bothering you." Iida pleaded.

With those simple words, Momo completely broke down again. Iida felt a sudden wave of discomfort flood over him. He was unsure of what to do. He felt as if he should give her a hug, but before he could make a decision, words became audible through Momo's sobbing.

"I-I f-fail-ailed. I-I should've s-stopped t-them. I shou-should've m-made u-us all s-stick to-tog-together. T-the-they all got c-caught. W-what i-if next t-time, the tea-teachers aren't the o-ones to catch them? What if w-we lose them a-again, be-because I d-didn't s-speak up?!"

Iida stared at Momo, baffled. Was she blaming herself for the class's failure?

"Yauyarozu. What happened was hardly your fault! If anything, it's mine! I never should've agreed with Midoriya! I should have shot it down, but I didn't. What we need to do is just think of this as a learning experience! We now know that in situations like that, we shouldn't split up!"

Momo turned her head towards Iida, her eyes glistening with tears.

"But what if we can't protect them?" She whispered, turning her head to the side, looking down the hallway.

There, at the corner, stood Kirishima, Midoriya, Todoroki, and Bakugo. The 4 were standing close to each other, and had small content smiles on their faces. They were slowly walking towards the dorms, chatting as they went along.

Momo then turned her head back to Iida. "I don't want them to get hurt again. They've been through so much. I..." She trailed off as new tears started pooling in her eyes.

Iida then reached forward and pulled her into a hug.

"Don't worry Yaoyorozu. We won't let anything happen to them. Us, our classmates, the Heros. Nothing, not even Endeavor will be able to stop us from keeping them safe. I promise"